2018 Spanish GP

Too early for Ticktum, and not sure Aitken is good enough. Given the car he's in and the extra experience he has on the likes of Norris and Russell, he should be blowing them away, and he's not. To be fair so should Markelov and Albon, again, way more experience at this level than Norris and Russell. I still maintain the F2 championship will be a straight shoot out between Norris and Russell this year. However, both are showing they're good enough for F1. Wehrlein needs to be given a drive too. I say Mercedes should offer Williams that B-team deal and get Wehrlein and Russell in the car and sort it out for them. Norris over Vandorne as well, who I'm very sad to say just is not cutting it in F1.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(13-05-2018, 09:32 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Norris over Vandorne as well, who I'm very sad to say just is not cutting it in F1.

This makes me rather sad, because while I agree with you I have my thoughts about why he's not cutting it. No doubt the guy has the talent, but a backmarking (now improving) team hasn't done him many favours. The direction of the car development will only ever go in Alonsos direction and it is quite feasible that the car doesn't suit Stoffel. You don't lose talent overnight and it is obvious from his junior performances that the guy has plenty. I don't see him surviving though. Unfortunately you only get one chance in the brutal world of F1.

Disappointing. But not everyone can make it.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Back to F1. All our talk has been about upgrades and tyres, track specifics. Are we maybe forgetting one thing, FIA oil burning directive and CE schematics request? Has this had the effect on Ferrari? Did the changes required to satisfy the new directives have a big enough impact that Ferrari could not nurse tyres. That they lost power output and performance in corners that it caused them too push more to maintain competitive(ish) speed and rapidly sap tyre life?

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(13-05-2018, 10:07 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Back to F1. All our talk has been about upgrades and tyres, track specifics. Are we maybe forgetting one thing, FIA oil burning directive and CE schematics request? Has this had the effect on Ferrari? Did the changes required to satisfy the new directives have a big enough impact that Ferrari could not nurse tyres. That they lost power output and performance in corners that it caused them too push more to maintain competitive(ish) speed and rapidly sap tyre life?

Hmm... I don't know. They certainly asked for changes didn't they. The stipulated single power draws, no double plugs, and that the power draw met the limits stipulated in the rules. If it has hit Ferrari though I think we'll know soon enough. I don't know is my honest answer Hesh. A few more races like this though and I think we'll be able to say unequivocally that yes, it's had an impact. Mercedes were mighty today, whatever the reason. If that continues then they'll waltz away to the WDC and WCC and I don't want that to happen at all.

(13-05-2018, 10:07 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Back to F1.
Dunno if that is warranted! This thread has all been on topic from what I see,

(13-05-2018, 10:07 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  All our talk has been about upgrades and tyres, track specifics. Are we maybe forgetting one thing, FIA oil burning directive and CE schematics request? Has this had the effect on Ferrari? Did the changes required to satisfy the new directives have a big enough impact that Ferrari could not nurse tyres. That they lost power output and performance in corners that it caused them too push more to maintain competitive(ish) speed and rapidly sap tyre life?

Seems speculative at best. I cant see how burning less oil would affect the cornering and tyre usage of the Ferrari. My money is on Mercedes getting their act together and making their (fast) package work for them at Barcelona. They haven't maximised the package at all tracks, but it's obviously a very fast car when the conditions favour it.

Monaco will be a complete contrast. Red bull will own qualifying and it will be interesting to see if Ferrari or Mercedes can get close. I predict RBR / Ferrari / Merc and a damage limitation weekend for the silver arrows.

I can accept those views although i wont agree, but i do respect youve watched him.as a young boy so fair play. Anyway moving on as much as i dislike Monte Carlo as a race i wonder if this will be a resurgence for those pesky silver cars!!! Smile

Whoaaaah steasy on Aitken has just come up from F3 so on what evidence do you make that basis?? The lad is solid and a rookie in F2 he just won his 1st race. Very harsh to say he isnt good enough. Cutting with the Landos and Georges currently

(13-05-2018, 10:23 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  I can accept those views although i wont agree, but i do respect youve watched him.as a young boy so fair play. Anyway moving on as much as i dislike Monte Carlo as a race i wonder if this will be a resurgence for those pesky silver cars!!! Smile

I too watched Lewis as a youngster, even had a friend tell me to go watch him in the Euro Super Karts, which I did... and he blew me, and the competition away. All throughout his junior career he was coming up against older more experienced drivers, and just swatted them away like they weren't even worthy to be on the same track. I think that has breed some arrogance in the man... sadly... it seems much of it is deserved. 

As to the Silver Arrow resurgence? We'll see. Wouldn't rule it out, but I'm not really convinced either. It could be a one off due to the tyres, weather, track layout / surface, the moon / alignment of the planets. We'll certainly know what's what come Silverstone though. The next tranche of races will show how it's shaping up. Ferrari though look like they might have some issues with reliability again. Meanwhile Mercedes look pretty solid to me.

(13-05-2018, 10:23 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  I can accept those views although i wont agree, but i do respect youve watched him.as a young boy so fair play. Anyway moving on as much as i dislike Monte Carlo as a race i wonder if this will be a resurgence for those pesky silver cars!!! Smile

Which post are you replying to here LL? I can have a pretty good guess it is my post from a page back, but you really should quote some of it so we have half a clue?  Wink There's a load of other conversation that has gone on in between.

I pressed quote and then typed i am clearly doing something wrong there!!!

(13-05-2018, 10:20 PM)morini Wrote:  
(13-05-2018, 10:07 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Back to F1.
Dunno if that is warranted! This thread has all been on topic from what I see,
hehe, maybe I meant back to Spanish GP specifics : p

Merc will annihilate Silverstone.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.