2018 Spanish GP

Is Kubica still getting a run out in one of the FP next week or has that been binned to allow the 2 `race drivers` (term used very loosely) to get as much time as possible in the bucket...I mean car? Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...preview-2/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

[Image: Dcnsd7_WkAA4sRc.jpg]

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(04-05-2018, 07:10 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Is Kubica still getting a run out in one of the FP next week or has that been binned to allow the 2 `race drivers` (term used very loosely) to get as much time as possible in the bucket...I mean car? Wink

Yes, appears so!

http://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12476/1...actice-one

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post

"The form book (F1.com)

Looking at the stats, Mercedes have every reason to be confident on their return to Barcelona. This track has arguably been a demonstration of their dominance in the turbo hybrid era.

In 2014 they locked out the front row with no other car within one second of pole. In 2015 this gap dropped to 0.777s, then 0.680s in 2016, before Sebastian Vettel narrowed it to 0.051s last year and became the first non-Mercedes to start on the front row here since 2012.

The qualifying stats suggest the winner will need to come up with the goods on the Saturday. Twenty-four of the 27 Grands Prix in Catalunya have been won from the front row (89 per cent), the highest ratio of any circuit on the calendar with at least 10 previous races, such is the difficulty of overtaking at the Spanish venue.

Over the last decade, though, we have seen plenty of different drivers triumph, including shock victories for Pastor Maldonado in 2012 and Max Verstappen - on his Red Bull debut - in 2016. Hamilton’s victory last year ended a run of ten different winners in the same number years in Spain, but could we see another new winner this year? Neither Daniel Ricciardo nor Valtteri Bottas has triumphed here, but both have been in terrific form."

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I was wondering whether they should of opened up the old final part of the lap, rid the turn 14 & 15 chicane, and use the quicker sweeping right hand turns onto the main straight. With these cars top speed and DF, it might of created a bigger slipstream effect down the main straight. Enabling cars to be side by side sooner.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(09-05-2018, 06:08 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I was wondering whether they should of opened up the old final part of the lap, rid the turn 14 & 15 chicane, and use the quicker sweeping right hand turns onto the main straight. With these cars top speed and DF, it might of created a bigger slipstream effect down the main straight. Enabling cars to be side by side sooner.

Cant remember off the top of my head but was t14/15 chicane introduced due to not enough run off for the speeds f1 cars where doing or something along those lines?
(but, yes I preferred the older layout)

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

I think the surface will throw up the biggest uncertainty. Tyres probably going to play a bigger part than at any of the other races so far this season.

Mercedes aren't going to be confident of a win, that's for sure.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Yeah Forza, that was the reason. MotoGP were using it up to 2016 (I think) when it claimed Luis Salom's life.

It's a shame they haven't tried to sort out the runoff space and introduce it back, but it is what it is.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(09-05-2018, 07:10 PM)morini Wrote:  I think the surface will throw up the biggest uncertainty. Tyres probably going to play a bigger part than at any of the other races so far this season.

Mercedes aren't going to be confident of a win, that's for sure.

I dont think Merc will be "confident" of a win either but they should be optimistic, a track they have excelled on previously and other than blistering tyres which Pirelli have (or should have) got on top of they should be in good shape and fighting for a win

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post