2018 Azerbaijan GP

(28-04-2018, 03:18 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Poor Kimi, that's a big nail in his F1 career coffin, throwing away a front row and allowing a Merc to start along side instead of behind. Such a good lap, until that b*tch of a last corner, he probably looked at his steering wheel delta and freaked.

[Image: Db4DJxyW0AAScZX.jpg]
Hmmm I think that is a bit dramatic to say that tbh, he is every bit as fast as front runners just not getting the luck Ferrari will be more than happy with his performance

(28-04-2018, 03:16 PM)morini Wrote:  
(27-04-2018, 04:13 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well FP2 was really interesting. Mercedes are screwed. Their car is a pig and they clearly don't know why. Over a second a lap off of the pace on the Ultrasofts on race sims and 1.5 seconds off on the Softs, but only 0.9 off on the Supersofts. The drop off on all tyres for Mercedes was alarming with the Ultras lasting 4 laps and the Softs seeing a massive drop off after only 6 laps. It's a horrible car. On long runs it's behind Renault and Force India. They've screwed up big time.

Didn't really turn out that way did it? Yes Ferrari have the best car here, but apart from S2 I think Mercedes won't be that unhappy with how quali went.

Lets see how LH comes out of the race tomorrow if its below 3rd his head will drop, but agreed some overdramatising of Mercs woes a wee bit
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

(28-04-2018, 03:21 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  Hmmm I think that is a bit dramatic to say that tbh, he is every bit as fast as front runners just not getting the luck Ferrari will be more than happy with his performance

Plus he's perfectly positioned to mess with everyone else strategies. Ferrari won't be unhappy, nearly everyone had issues with that corner at some point during the weekend.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

If the race is anything like F2s race this morning it could be a cracker, I am warming to this track in all honesty
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

I have to confess, I don't much like this track, but really looking forward to the race tomorrow. I hope it's not a random lottery and we get to see some good close racing.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(28-04-2018, 03:26 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  If the race is anything like F2s race this morning it could be a cracker, I am warming to this track in all honesty

I agree bud, I think its a good track that with a few small tweaks could be a great track

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(28-04-2018, 03:27 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I think its a good track that with a few small tweaks could be a great track

I wouldn't go that far! Last year it served up a manic race so that skews some people opinions. Me, I wouldn't complain if they axed it.

(28-04-2018, 03:27 PM)morini Wrote:  I have to confess, I don't much like this track, but really looking forward to the race tomorrow. I hope it's not a random lottery and we get to see some good close racing.

We can but hope, the thing is the long straight is in favour of anyone close behind so if close in sector 2 it could be a lot of exchanging going on plus a few safety cars me thinks, D Ric a bit overhyped again MV just as quick and would of been ahead had it not been for the tow off of KR, He just needs a strong finish and clean race to calm things down, I fancy Bottas here tomorrow
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(28-04-2018, 03:30 PM)morini Wrote:  I wouldn't go that far! Last year it served up a manic race so that skews some people opinions. Me, I wouldn't complain if they axed it.

and go where? where else provides the opportunities to race and pass with the current car regs?  yes there have been plenty of instances to skew previous races there but it challenges the drivers and cars alike, the majority of drivers enjoy racing there and say its a great track to race on. There are always opportunities to pass and lets face it some of the other current tracks are just plain shit, so all in all I still like the track Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(28-04-2018, 03:35 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  
(28-04-2018, 03:27 PM)morini Wrote:  I have to confess, I don't much like this track, but really looking forward to the race tomorrow. I hope it's not a random lottery and we get to see some good close racing.

We can but hope, the thing is the long straight is in favour of anyone close behind so if close in sector 2 it could be a lot of exchanging going on plus a few safety cars me thinks, D Ric a bit overhyped again MV just as quick and would of been ahead had it not been for the tow off of KR, He just needs a strong finish and clean race to calm things down, I fancy Bottas here tomorrow

Me too. A lot of negative press for Valterri, but I like him (as a person and a driver). He's a lot bloody quicker than many give him credit for. Yes, last year his race day performances were sometimes poor but it was his first year in a top team. I think he flies under the radar and can easily see him as a WDC.

(28-04-2018, 03:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  and go where?

Nowhere? The season is too long really and I have a preference for proper circuits rather than street tracks. I don't remember much overtaking in the first race at Baku either.