2018 Azerbaijan GP

If you were Ricciardo, would you be talking to Merc? My call of RIC staying at RB looking better : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

[Image: Db3YzLwX4AAUVFn.jpg]

That red flag.....

There may be some more parallels to last year. Fridays, RedBull looked so good, Lewis not, FP3 lewis still lagging but started to connect sectors together, Ferrari looked to have advantage. Come qually Lewis goes 2.5s quicker than all weekend, and 0.5s gap to the field.

Right now Hesh I'd be waiting until the summer break to make the call. Red Bull might have to go Honda, and we don't know where they'll, although given current development trajectories you'd possibly hazard a guess they'll be roughly a match for Renault soon enough. However, Mercedes are an exceptional group of people, I still think they made serious mistakes with this car. Surely now they can see the concepts put forward by everyone we else are way better. Yeah they've upped their rake to 1.18 degrees this year from 0.8 last. That's a big shift, but the next lowest rake car is the Toro Rosso with roughly 1.3 degrees. If they stick with this concept they will be left behind by the other big teams.

As for FP3, on paper it looks better for Mercedes, but really they're in a fight with Red Bull för The second row, and Ferrari have the front row all locked out.

Holy F**k....how close was Gasly to having a huge wreck with his team mate.....lucky boy

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

All hail Vettel
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(28-04-2018, 03:03 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  All hail Vettel

Just need Kimi to play the team game (again) tomorrow, he was very unlucky on that last run Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(28-04-2018, 03:03 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  All hail Vettel

Kimi blew a pole there though, in fairness. Mercedes sector 2 being their problem, I think that looks like a save from the Merc boys myself (looking at how all 3 practice sessions went). No doubt the Ferrari is the best package this year, should be a good championship cos Hamilton isn't going to roll over.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(27-04-2018, 04:13 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well FP2 was really interesting. Mercedes are screwed. Their car is a pig and they clearly don't know why. Over a second a lap off of the pace on the Ultrasofts on race sims and 1.5 seconds off on the Softs, but only 0.9 off on the Supersofts. The drop off on all tyres for Mercedes was alarming with the Ultras lasting 4 laps and the Softs seeing a massive drop off after only 6 laps. It's a horrible car. On long runs it's behind Renault and Force India. They've screwed up big time.

Didn't really turn out that way did it? Yes Ferrari have the best car here, but apart from S2 I think Mercedes won't be that unhappy with how quali went.

Poor Kimi, that's a big nail in his F1 career coffin, throwing away a front row and allowing a Merc to start along side instead of behind. Such a good lap, until that b*tch of a last corner, he probably looked at his steering wheel delta and freaked.

[Image: Db4DJxyW0AAScZX.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(28-04-2018, 03:18 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Poor Kimi, that's a big nail in his F1 career coffin, throwing away a front row

Throwing away a pole. Purple sector 1 and 2 - I was gutted as I love Kimi when he's got a car he likes.