2018 Azerbaijan GP

(29-04-2018, 05:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(29-04-2018, 05:50 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  What on earth is happening with Vandoorne, I really expected him to come strong but........ Is it because he is teamed in with the beast that is Alonso?

And only a few days ago... After Fernando said he would relish being up front fighting with Sebastian and Lewis.......Stoffel Vandoorne has warned him "not to forget about the challenge inside his own garage".....yep I bet Fernando is shitting himself Wink

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin  Maybe he gets the car to suit him we all know what a diva he is? Kimi had an awful car in 2014 Alonso got on better with it. Right that's it p1ss off monobrow

No1 status clearly
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

(29-04-2018, 05:50 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  What on earth is happening with Vandoorne, I really expected him to come strong but........ Is it because he is teamed in with the beast that is Alonso?

Vandoorne came into F1 with some very big names tipping him for greatness, not least of which were Prost and big Ron himself. His record up until F1 reads as good as any top driver you'd care to mention. Quick, while being kind on his tyres, great in wheel to wheel combat, and with a list of scalps of many of the younger drivers currently rated very highly. Made a great debut, and was unlucky not to start his F1 career sooner with jenson staying one season too long. However, he looks utterly pants. Sure last season the car was utter shyte, but you'd have thought if he had any promise he'd be in and around Alonso. He just is not. As to where he goes from here? WEC or DTM. Unless Alonso quits I think he'll make way for Norris. If you were McLaren you'd want Lando learning from arguably the best... although the last time he came up against a British McLaren rookie in the same car there were serious fire works.

(29-04-2018, 05:57 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  And only a few days ago... After Fernando said he would relish being up front fighting with Sebastian and Lewis.......Stoffel Vandoorne has warned him "not to forget about the challenge inside his own garage".....yep I bet Fernando is shitting himself Wink

Well, at least he has a good sense of humour.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

[Image: Db9bbl9W0AAW1gq.jpg]

This picture, couldn't help but laugh, that car was so out of control. My bro said "If anyone is going to wrestle a car with two wheels back to the pits, Its Alonso". He did, he kept going and snatched a bunch of points.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

In a junior formula race many years ago Alonso got a car back to the pits in a similar condition and without a front wing. A safety car later and he went on to win the race I think. The man is a complete Leg End. I know some don't rate him, I do.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(29-04-2018, 05:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I would sooner give Stevie Wonder the seat Wink

Or even Lewis Hamilton!

Come on Forza, Stevie or Lewis, which one gets the seat?

:-)
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Maybe the McLaren team is geared up around Alonso? It would be understandable, takes a strong character to stand up to his sense of entitlement (insert smiley here). I don't think Stoff lacks ability, but he hasn't shown an awful lot since he's been in F1 it has to be said.

Give the lad a chance though. I think he's in F1 on merit rather than cash, so I'd like to see him come good. Perhaps if the tedious Spaniard can get the McLaren going in the right direction, then Stoff can reap some benefits as well? I'd like the McLaren up there to find out if Alonso really is as good as the hype (cos everyone knows I don't think he is).

Where fog when you want to start a good wind up?

[edit] Been round to a family gathering and imbibed a few gins since the race finished. Apologies if my posts are a bit wind-ip-esque Wink

(29-04-2018, 07:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(29-04-2018, 07:19 PM)morini Wrote:  
(29-04-2018, 05:38 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I would sooner give Stevie Wonder the seat Wink

Or even Lewis Hamilton!

Come on Forza, Stevie or Lewis, which one gets the seat?

:-)

Haha, you've got me on this one....can I get away with just saying I like Stevie Wonder Wink

Ok, ok I concede...if I say yes to Lewis can he be more like "the stig"....keep his helmet on at all times and say and do nothing but drive?

(29-04-2018, 07:33 PM)morini Wrote:  
[edit] Been round to a family gathering and imbibed a few gins since the race finished. Apologies if my posts are a bit wind-ip-esque Wink

I love a good gin...think I drank enough over the weekend to float a small ship Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 4 users Like forzaferrari's post

(29-04-2018, 05:36 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Forza, funny you should mention that in an interview with L'equpe or whatever it is called he said he needs to string some races together and try a force Ferrari into giving him the seat. The man is utterly deluded. Honestly, he's quick on an open track. He has too many brain farts and can't drive at all well when they are other cars on track. He's a Pastor Maldanado who is lucky to have had as many seasons in F1 as he has.

At least Maldonado won a race!

Seriously though, apart from the Spa wrecking ball start (at Spa, IIRC) I though Groesjean looked like he had some potential when he was at lotus. I have changed my opinion since  Dodgy
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(29-04-2018, 07:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ok, ok I concede...if I say yes to Lewis can he be more like "the stig"....keep his helmet on at all times and say and do nothing but drive?

That would be the perfect Lewis Hamilton. Let the driving do the talking and have a complete media blackout when not driving.

I can feel an email to Toto coming on.

(29-04-2018, 08:05 PM)morini Wrote:  
(29-04-2018, 07:33 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Ok, ok I concede...if I say yes to Lewis can he be more like "the stig"....keep his helmet on at all times and say and do nothing but drive?

That would be the perfect Lewis Hamilton. Let the driving do the talking and have a complete media blackout when not driving.

I can feel an email to Toto coming on.

Spot on bud...stand him in a corner fully race suited up and just wheel him out once a fortnight....instant fan here Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post