2018 Azerbaijan GP

Magnussen v Gasly

Oki, being a grandad I feel this should be sorted the "old fashioned way"

S.P.A. 1987 Senna takes liberty's with Mansell.

Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna ended up in a pit-lane scuffle at Spa Francorchamps, after Mansell tried to make an audacious overtaking manoeuvre for the lead around the outside of Senna at the Campus chicane. Mansell stormed down to the Lotus garage to make his feelings known. "I went over to him, grabbed him by the overalls and pushed him up against the wall," Mansell recalled. "He wore loose overalls in those days and I pulled the zip up beyond his chin to just below his nose. 'Next time you do that,' I said, 'you're going to have to do a much better job'."

Quote Senna talking about Nigel >"when a man has you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apoligise."

My two biggest F1 hero's.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(01-05-2018, 10:02 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Oki, being a granddad I feel this should be sorted the "old fashioned way"

Quote Senna talking about Nigel >"when a man has you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apoligise."

I`ll vote for that...F1 and Boxing all in the one show Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(01-05-2018, 09:42 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  Maybe I'm getting soft in my old age, but I don't think the squeeze was deliberate. I just think he was zoned out and following the racing line. His reaction on the steering wheel after the contact says to me that he was surprised

This is why I thought it was a bit mindless. 
All cars were veering over to the left to protect themselves from cross winds. Only checking his mirrors as he was veering, instead of mirror, maneuver and all.
It was horrific due to the speed and the timing with the wall.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(01-05-2018, 10:57 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  This is why I thought it was a bit mindless. 
All cars were veering over to the left to protect themselves from cross winds. Only checking his mirrors as he was veering, instead of mirror, maneuver and all.
It was horrific due to the speed and the timing with the wall.

If I where to give Kmag the benefit of doubt that could only apply to the first squeeze

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Oh yeah, that what I was referring to, the contact between the two.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst...h-1032463/

"Max Verstappen insists that his relationship with Daniel Ricciardo has not been damaged by their collision in the Azerbaijan Grand Prix."

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Stroll: Baku should have been red flagged.

http://www.planetf1.com/news/stroll-baku...d-flagged/

This I totally agree with, when cars vehicles other than safety car are additionally on track: The race should be stooped. Where that flat bed was parked in such a narrow space with all those marshals. Coupled with they amount of debris on track, it screamed red flag.

[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I could not believe the race was not red flagged. Vettel, Lewis and Alonso all apparently made the same comments over team radio. When 3 of the most experienced F1 drivers of all time, with a combined 10 WDCs between them think the race needed to be red flagged then race control should listen.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://twitter.com/Secteur_F1/status/99...5130866688

Best onboard from the weekend ? : P

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/botta...r-1034283/

"Valtteri Bottas says the heartbreak of losing a near-certain first win of the 2018 Formula 1 season in Baku has only served to make him stronger.
The Finn was leading in Baku with only three laps to go when he suffered a tyre blow out after running over debris – costing him both a win and the chance to lead the world championship.
But despite the deep disappointment of what happened, Bottas has not let the events get him down – and instead thinks he will come back in better form.
“Of course it was disappointing, but life and especially motorsport includes disappointments,” said Bottas, speaking on stage as he picked up the Lorenzo Bandini Award in Italy on Saturday night.
“I always find that disappointment can be your best opportunity to be stronger if you take it the right way. So I am planning to be even stronger next weekend and for the rest of the year.”
Although Mercedes appears to be playing catch up against Ferrari at the moment, Bottas thinks that small details will make a big difference in its abilities to move forward.
“This is F1,” he said. “It is competitive and when the regulations stay more or less the same, it is always going to get tighter. There are three big teams now which we expected to be close.
“What we need to do is keep looking into the fine details, and learning even little bits, even one hundredth of a second at a time. If we can find those regularly, from all the areas – especially from our weaknesses – that is going to bring us far.”
Bottas also thinks that Mercedes’ chances of progress will be improved if the team works together in making progress – rather than pinning hopes on individuals to find the answer.
“If I have to say one thing that we need to do to get to the top, it is teamwork,” he said. “Keeping working as a team, as the team has always done, because together you can do so much more than alone.”
Bottas attracted thousands of fans as he drove a Mercedes W07 car on the roads from Faenza to Brisighella to collect the Bandini Award.
With previous winners including Michael Schumacher, Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen, Bottas said it felt slightly unreal to get the award himself.
“As a kid when I was doing go-karts and seeing which kind of drivers have received the trophy, I could never have imagined that I would be here receiving it,” he said. “So it means a lot.
“I didn’t get a trophy last weekend but now I have, and it is a lot better. I am really honoured.”

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post