Is Leclerc doing enough?

So, I was expected big things from Leclerc, only 3 races in I know, but he's struggled, Giovinazzi looked better and Wehrlein certainly would've been. I still think he'll come good, but it might be too late for Ferrari. So... the big question for the Scuderia is who do they get in to partner Vettel? Current options:

Leclerc: too soon at this stage, Ferrari probably have until May to make there mind up, and I doubt very much he'll have shown enough to convince them by then, right now I'd give the odds are 100/1.

Ricciardo: I think this is probably who Ferrari really want, but they'll have stern competition from Mercedes and of course Red Bull. I think Danny actually prefers Mercedes, but I can see him in red. Odds from me 5/2.

Räikkönen: He's shown a great turn of pace this year, although the past few seasons he's looked like a dead man walking, he's never really lost the talent, just the appetite. However, do I believe like some in the Italian press that Ferrari plan on giving him another year? I don't know, and would he want it? I'm not sure. My odds, 7/1.

Alonso: I can't believe hus name has been raised again, but it's not as mental as it first sounds. Arguably he's been the best driver this season so far in races, he's still got it... but I can't see it. My odds 75/1.

Sainz: Yes he's a Red Bull driver, and yes he's at Renault right now, but Ferrari have been keeping tabs on him for a while. So far though Hulkenber has kind of showed him up so far. My odd have him slipping, 25/1.

Ocon: Yep, he's a Mercedes young driver, but is there a seat for him at Mercedes. He's looked very solid, has age on his side and will start being impatient for a top team seat soon. Odds 50/1.

Hamilton: At the start of the season I would have said not a cat in hell's chance, however, sluggish start with Mercedes, Ferrari looking better, contract at Mercedes still not signed... maybe, just maybe he'll find his way to Maranello. Odds 7/2.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

He's had his issues, but beat teammate in qualy, that's the first step. He needs to gain some stability and have an error free weekend, probably come when the European season starts and maybe the GP2 tracks will make him feel at settled.

From what Iv'e seen from Ferrari over the years is they want proven form in F1, so wont settle for an academy/rookie driver. As who to partner Vettel, not gonna get involved : P

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Unless Leclerc does something miraculous over the remainder of the season there is absolutely no chance of him wearing red next year, not knocking the guy but he just hasn't proved himself in f1 yet, I still think he will come good but for now he should finish his apprenticeship in the lower/middle placed teams.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Alonso i think would go back just for a last chance at the title and the guy is a beast in ANY car if it were anyone he has to be a strong contender but how long has he left? Enough for at least 2-3 years. Him and Vettel would be great and Alonso can also be a diva

Danny im not so sure, he looks the right person but i think they would prefer Verstappen i think he is faster than Ric personally

"Verstappen i think he is faster than Ric personally"

Didn't look like that when they were team mates lol, after today & so many other great drive's both the red & silver teams would welcome him, I'll bet both will make him an offer, (if not already) I would love to see him in either car though, my view, I think both Lewis & Seb would have their hands full with Daniel.

I'll take a guess, Ferrari - Sebastian & Daniel or Lewis as an outside bet.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So, I was expected big things from Leclerc, only 3 races in I know, but he's struggled, Giovinazzi looked better and Wehrlein certainly would've been. I still think he'll come good, but it might be too late for Ferrari. So... the big question for the Scuderia is who do they get in to partner Vettel? Current options:

Leclerc: too soon at this stage, Ferrari probably have until May to make there mind up, and I doubt very much he'll have shown enough to convince them by then, right now I'd give the odds are 100/1.
Maybe give some credit for being in a poor car? He hasn't set the world alight, but Ferrari have seen something in him and I doubt they favour him for no reason.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Ricciardo: I think this is probably who Ferrari really want, but they'll have stern competition from Mercedes and of course Red Bull. I think Danny actually prefers Mercedes, but I can see him in red. Odds from me 5/2.
I don't think Dan is scared of anyone and has the race craft to match most. However, I think deep down he's be happier going against Vettel because he's already owned him. I think he would be worried by Hamiltons quali pace (normally, I mean - not so much Bahrain / China form).

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Räikkönen: He's shown a great turn of pace this year, although the past few seasons he's looked like a dead man walking, he's never really lost the talent, just the appetite. However, do I believe like some in the Italian press that Ferrari plan on giving him another year? I don't know, and would he want it? I'm not sure. My odds, 7/1.
If Ferrari don't land DR i see Kimi in the seat next year.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Alonso: I can't believe hus name has been raised again, but it's not as mental as it first sounds. Arguably he's been the best driver this season so far in races, he's still got it... but I can't see it. My odds 75/1.
Can't see it. Once bitten twice shy and I'm not sure he's been the best driver in races either. That said, Ron Dennis had him back after the 2007 ructions, so who knows. But everyone knows I don't particularly rate Alonso anyway. Team harmony is a factor and he has a bad track record on that front. As far as I can see most of the "Alonso is the best driver on the grid" is media hype nonsense. Difficult ot convince me otherwise until I see some results to back it up.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Sainz: Yes he's a Red Bull driver, and yes he's at Renault right now, but Ferrari have been keeping tabs on him for a while. So far though Hulkenber has kind of showed him up so far. My odd have him slipping, 25/1.
I like Sainz a lot, but I have to say Hulk is giving him a hard time so far this year. Like a fine wine, I think Carlos will improve in future seasons and I still think he is worth a seat.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Ocon: Yep, he's a Mercedes young driver, but is there a seat for him at Mercedes. He's looked very solid,  has age on his side and will start being impatient for a top team seat soon. Odds 50/1.
If DR isn't in a Mercedes next year I could see Ocon there.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Hamilton: At the start of the season I would have said not a cat in hell's chance, however, sluggish start with Mercedes, Ferrari looking better, contract at Mercedes still not signed... maybe, just maybe he'll find his way to Maranello. Odds 7/2.
I would love to see him in a Ferrari before he ends his career. Even though I'm not a Ferrari fan at all it would be his best chance of winning titles with three different constructors. I don't think it is as far fetched as people seem to think either.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(15-04-2018, 07:19 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "Verstappen i think he is faster than Ric personally"

Didn't look like that when they were team mates lol, after todays drive both the red & silver teams would welcome him, I'll bet both will make him an offer, (if not already) I would love to see him in either car though, my view, I think both Lewis & Seb would have their hands full with Daniel.

I agree he would give anyone a run for their money but would he do it consistently?? Last year didn't Max have some dramas hence the point difference? Then a resurge at the end of the year? He is every bit as quick as Ricciardo, and they still are teammates lol

(15-04-2018, 07:26 PM)morini Wrote:  
(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So, I was expected big things from Leclerc, only 3 races in I know, but he's struggled, Giovinazzi looked better and Wehrlein certainly would've been. I still think he'll come good, but it might be too late for Ferrari. So... the big question for the Scuderia is who do they get in to partner Vettel? Current options:

Maybe give some credit for being in a poor car? He hasn't set the world alight, but Ferrari have seen something in him and I doubt they favour him for no reason.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Ricciardo: I think this is probably who Ferrari really want, but they'll have stern competition from Mercedes and of course Red Bull. I think Danny actually prefers Mercedes, but I can see him in red. Odds from me 5/2.
I don't think Dan is scared of anyone and has the race craft to match most. However, I think deep down he's be happier going against Vettel because he's already owned him. I think he would be worried by Hamiltons quali pace (normally, I mean - not so much Bahrain / China form).

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Räikkönen: He's shown a great turn of pace this year, although the past few seasons he's looked like a dead man walking, he's never really lost the talent, just the appetite. However, do I believe like some in the Italian press that Ferrari plan on giving him another year? I don't know, and would he want it? I'm not sure. My odds, 7/1.
If Ferrari don't land DR i see Kimi in the seat next year.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Alonso: I can't believe hus name has been raised again, but it's not as mental as it first sounds. Arguably he's been the best driver this season so far in races, he's still got it... but I can't see it. My odds 75/1.
Can't see it. Once bitten twice shy and I'm not sure he's been the best driver in races either. That said, Ron Dennis had him back after the 2007 ructions, so who knows. But everyone knows I don't particularly rate Alonso anyway. Team harmony is a factor and he has a bad track record on that front. As far as I can see most of the "Alonso is the best driver on the grid" is media hype nonsense. Difficult ot convince me otherwise until I see some results to back it up.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Sainz: Yes he's a Red Bull driver, and yes he's at Renault right now, but Ferrari have been keeping tabs on him for a while. So far though Hulkenber has kind of showed him up so far. My odd have him slipping, 25/1.
I like Sainz a lot, but I have to say Hulk is giving him a hard time so far this year. Like a fine wine, I think Carlos will improve in future seasons and I still think he is worth a seat.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Ocon: Yep, he's a Mercedes young driver, but is there a seat for him at Mercedes. He's looked very solid,  has age on his side and will start being impatient for a top team seat soon. Odds 50/1.
If DR isn't in a Mercedes next year I could see Ocon there.

(15-04-2018, 03:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Hamilton: At the start of the season I would have said not a cat in hell's chance, however, sluggish start with Mercedes, Ferrari looking better, contract at Mercedes still not signed... maybe, just maybe he'll find his way to Maranello. Odds 7/2.
I would love to see him in a Ferrari before he ends his career. Even though I'm not a Ferrari fan at all it would be his best chance of winning titles with three different constructors. I don't think it is as far fetched as people seem to think either.

It is very plausible, he would walk into any team and be welcomed with open arms, lets be honest
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

Quote Morini > "I would love to see him in a Ferrari before he ends his career. Even though I'm not a Ferrari fan at all it would be his best chance of winning titles with three different constructors. I don't think it is as far fetched as people seem to think either."

Clasps hands, kneels down, looks up, PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE...........

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(15-04-2018, 07:35 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Quote Papa > Clasps hands, kneels down, looks up, PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE...........

Clasps hands, kneels down, looks up, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE NO Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

Morini, not criticising Leclerc at all, but he hasn't so far shown he's anywhere near good enough for a Ferrari seat. I have no doubts he will prove to be so. However, his struggles do put into sharp relief Giovinazzi's "struggles" last year. Still think both are deserving of F1 seats, but right now Leclerc is making Ericsson look like a world beater. lol.

I really think the Hamilton to Ferrari though is starting to look possible, hell, maybe even probable.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post