Nostalgia!!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/141352...to-be-sold

Williams from Mansell's title-winning season to be sold at Goodwood.  

Fancy a whip round lads!   Big Grin

The Williams FW14B with which Nigel Mansell won five grands prix on his way to the 1992 Formula 1 world championship will be auctioned at the Goodwood Festival of Speed.

Chassis six was used at the first seven races of the season, and won the opening five in a row - making it the most successful FW14B built.

Auction house Bonhams revealed the "totally operational" car in Paris this week ahead of its 'Grand Marques of the World' sale on Thursday, but chassis six will not offered for sale until July 5 at Goodwood.

It heads to auction from a private collector, and with the original Renault V10 engine that earned Mansell pole position, the race win and fastest lap at the season-opening South African Grand Prix (pictured above).

Bonhams motorsport director Mark Osborne told Autosport: "This is really as good as it gets.
"This car contributed more towards the championship in 1992 over any other car.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

The life of Tom Pryce, Wales' most successful Formula 1 driver, will be celebrated at Anglesey circuit as part of a historic race meeting on July 13/14.

The Tom Pryce Memorial Race Meeting will honour the memory of the hugely popular driver, whose F1 career was cut tragically short by a fatal accident in the the 1977 South African Grand Prix.

The Historic Sports Car Club's first race meeting at the Anglesey track will remember Pryce with a programme that includes the inaugural stand-alone races for Formula Atlantic as a period category.

Pryce raced in Formula Atlantic in 1972 with the Royale team, before making his grand prix debut in 1974.

Andy Dee-Crowne, CEO of the HSCC, said: "We are delighted to be taking a full weekend of HSCC racing to the superb circuit at Anglesey for the first time.

"It is wholly appropriate to honour the life of Tom Pryce, a quiet hero from North Wales who was destined for the very top of the sport.

"Having the inaugural Formula Atlantic races along with Historic Formula Ford on the programme provides a perfect link to Tom's formative years."

The plans for the event have the blessing of Pryce's widow, Nella.

"It certainly is a great idea to remember Thomas at this race meeting and I'm all in favour of it," she said.
As well as honouring Pryce's memory, the weekend will support the memorial fund being established to provide a permanent memorial in his home town of Denbigh.

59 years ago today, a LEGEND was born...

[Image: D2KzkQOWsAACdbs.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

Cheers Forza amazing pic, thanks to you & Hesh I now have a new screen saver.   Wink

LEGEND indeed  Cool

I rewatched the film on Netflix last week (have it on Blu-ray so watched heaps of times). The scenes at Imola always choke me up, every single time. I remember that like it was yesterday.

Tragic. But his legacy lives on.

Legend!!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(21-03-2019, 12:23 PM)morini Wrote:  I rewatched the film on Netflix last week (have it on Blu-ray so watched heaps of times). The scenes at Imola always choke me up, every single time. I remember that like it was yesterday.

Tragic. But his legacy lives on.

Legend!!

Super tragic, we lost one of the best ever that day. I do however remember at time saying that the death of Senna would completely over shadow at the same meeting the death of Roland Ratzenberger and really to this day his name is barely mentioned. RIP Roland
[+] 4 users Like NeilP's post