2018 Chinese GP

PB, won't happen. The traces from the first three tracks show that the Ferrari has the widest operating window, much better top speed, and better cornering. The deficit is hard wired into the Mercedes DNA. I think they're cooked. We'll see how the race goes tomorrow, but I expect Vettel to scamper off into the distance and Hamilton to come under serious threat from Bottas. There is no question the Mercedes PU is still the best, what with the drag they're sticking on the car, which is waaaaaay more than everyone else, that engine is having to punch a lot of dragy bits through the air, and it's not a million miles off Ferrari still, which is quite a slippy car. However, Mercedes can't just strip off their widgets veins and wings. Why? Because that's what gives them their front and rear end. They can't just raise the cars rake (it's 1.25 degrees this year) and sort it all out. I think Mercedes are screwed. They have a clear deficit this year, last year it wasn't quite as clear, and they could just turn the engine up. Ironically I think the three engine limit this year, which they pushed for, is the reason they can't really turn it up.

Well well well, just watched Qualy replay!! Ferrari come out with the awards this weekend, everyone including myself thought Merc would have it just shows how wrong we were. I was gutted for Kimi I genuinely thought he had it but Seb you demon. Anyway not bad for a 38 yr old. Looking forward to tomorrow but Seb will be No.1 of Ferraris unless he has an issue.

Roll on tomorrow nmorning
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

I think Kimi locked up at the hairpin, he actually set purple sectors in 1 and 2 and then messed up the lap in sector 3. Was gutted for him. Have a huge soft spot for Kimi.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Ferrari dominant, great lap from Sebastian though like many others I felt for Kimi, so the Mercedes boys are going to be looking in the mirrors at the RedBull attack at the start tomorrow, cant wait.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Well, what a difference a few degrees make. How it had no effect on Ferrari, yet gut punched Merc, amazing.

Different temps again tomo, with sun. Hope that plays in Merc's hands and they can take the challenge to Ferrari.
I am loving this Ferrari dominance, really happy for them, such a nice relief from Merc dominance. They can't get too carried away however, Merc need to come back to recuse and create an unpredictable season.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

[Image: DaucDFLXUAAFfNj.jpg]

Best sectors lap.
[Image: DavaVb8WAAARp8O.jpg]
This is why I love a Vettel Q3 2nd run lap, always the best of the session for him.

[Image: DavYAtDU8AAuy_m.jpg]
Did Merc panic in Q2 and burn too many softs? Will not having a new set have a severe impact? well, not according to Pirelli s strategy predictor.

[Image: DavklMiVAAE_PmE.jpg]
Are any teams able to achieve viable stints on Ultras? Could positions 5-10 be most compromised for race strategy. Could be an interesting one.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyLXBOFQGws

Perfect teammate dual. Apex inches and millisecond gear changes causing the trade of the lead over the lap.

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

What on earth are Ferrari doing??? Losing the race by the looks of it

Now that was a fun race to watch. It was so processional during the first stint I thought about not watching. But what on earth were Ferrari doing to lose track position.

Daniel Ricciardo -> True race craft, had a tyre advantage but was clean and clinical every overtake. 
Max Verstappen -> Has a lot to learn, very clumsy. Needs to watch his team mate and pick up some tips on how to do it on race day.
Lewis Hamilton -> Most average performance I have seen from him in a while. Didn't really seem interested.

This season is going to be a good one I think.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

I said it after last weekend, Verstappen is a clumsy driver. Red Bull need to read him the riot act. Dreadful driving yet again. It's why I still rate Ricciardo over him, despite the ultimate single lap pace deficit to Verstappen.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post