2018 Chinese GP

(16-04-2018, 09:42 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/verst...d-1027159/

A “disappointed” Jos Verstappen says son Max needs to think more in the heat of battle after his controversial clash with Sebastian Vettel in the Chinese Grand Prix.

I give my son advice all the time ....but he doesnt listen either, I feel your pain Jos Wink

I forgot to ask you guys, what did you all make of Alonso`s move on Seb, I know Seb was having difficulties but I still thought he was a little harsh.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

A little harsh in my eyes. Didn't Alonso once make a famous radio call saying "you must always leave a space" or similar after being muscled off track? I'd have to see his on-board again to decide whether he intentionally ran Seb out of room or if he was under-steering.

Poor Seb, he really had a bad afternoon at the office. A superstitious person would have seen it coming with all the commentators curses being put on him before the start: "when a driver wins the first three races he always goes on to win the championship!" - "Stats" like that in sport really boil my piss, as if it's a guarantee it will happen again in the future

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post

(17-04-2018, 09:49 AM)Purple-banana Wrote:  A little harsh in my eyes. Didn't Alonso once make a famous radio call saying "you must always leave a space" or similar after being muscled off track? I'd have to see his on-board again to decide whether he intentionally ran Seb out of room or if he was under-steering.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NR3_wc9aJkY

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Quote Forza & PB "a little harsh"

At least Fernando tried to take no glory from it by saying Vettel fight was "not fair"

Ok it was some what "assertive" though in my view I have seen just about every top driver over the last 40yrs have done the same thing, pay back will be in the post I'm sure.....

Quote Forza "I give my son advice all the time ....but he doesn't listen"

I say this exact same thing to my Dad about Gag's, he just smiles & starts laughing, been there Son been there, he doesn't mean me does he? Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(17-04-2018, 12:25 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Quote Forza & PB "a little harsh"  

At least Fernando tried to take no glory from it by saying "Vettel fight was "not fair"

Ok it was some what "assertive" though in my view I have seen just about every top driver over the last 40yrs have done the same thing, pay back will be in the post I'm sure.....

Quote Forza "I give my son advice all the time ....but he doesn't listen"

I say this exact same thing to my dad about Gag's, he just smiles & starts laughing, been there Son been there, he doesn't mean me does he? Tongue

yeah bud, I did think it was a little firm/harsh but no real complaints from me, let them at it I say.

"I say this exact same thing to my dad about Gag's, he just smiles & starts laughing, been there Son been there, he doesn't mean me does he? Tongue

....lol, I know better than to say to my dad about my son not listening to me.....I can just imagine the earful I would receive Wink

Tough one isn't it? I think he could have tightened up and left a bit more room if he had wanted, although that would have almost certainly given the place back to Seb in T2.

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 3 users Like Purple-banana's post

(11-04-2018, 07:24 PM)Monster Hesh - 11-04-2018, 07:24 PM Wrote:  A RedBull win though......Might be worth a couple of bet's at Q=11/1(ish) R=20/1(ish) odds......

Anyone do so?

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(16-04-2018, 09:58 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I forgot to ask you guys, what did you all make of Alonso`s move on Seb, I know Seb was having difficulties but I still thought he was a little harsh.

I only saw the move once, didn't get chance to re-watch any action on the weekend as busy with family stuff. My initial thoughts were that Vettel was struggling badly and it was only a matter of time. Alonso didn't really leave him anywhere to go, but Vettel did make a mistake on the entry and had had gone very deep, Alonso claimed the racing line and was 3/4 car length in front. I think it was probably fair, but would need to re-watch it a few times to make my mind up. The stewards didn't have much to say, so it seems. I'm guessing it was mostly ok.

If I'm lacking bias it's because I don't particularly care either way Wink I'd care more about Kmag and Gross-John having a dust up than I would about St Sebastian and Whingenando swirling their handbags (i.e. not a lot).
[+] 3 users Like morini's post