F1 "Future Vision" plans

(25-03-2019, 01:53 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I truly dont know how I feel about all of this. 

^^^This Neil.

I love F1 being the pinnacle of motor sport, I love the innovation & without it I'm sure we would lose teams & it all costs money, so what's to be done? 

No fecking idea, we know there has always been dominant teams in F1 & having lived through Ferrari & Red Bull era's & not loving it (didn't mind McLaren or Williams, Hehe) I can see how other fans must feel.

Would a cap close up the racing? would it encourage new teams to join F1 or would the big teams just leave because they can't show off their excellence?

"I truly dont know how I feel about all of this."   Confused

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(25-03-2019, 02:37 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  
(25-03-2019, 01:53 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I truly dont know how I feel about all of this. 

^^^This Neil.

I love F1 being the pinnacle of motor sport, I love the innovation & without it I'm sure we would lose teams & it all costs money, so what's to be done? 

No fecking idea, we know there has always been dominant teams in F1 & having lived through Ferrari & Red Bull era's & not loving it (didn't mind McLaren or Williams, Hehe) I can see how other fans must feel.

Would a cap close up the racing? would it encourage new teams to join F1 or would the big teams just leave because they can't show off their excellence?

"I truly dont knowWhat F1 need is more money coming in. Cap close would mean the beginning of the end; less exciting, less viewers, less sponsors, less money, et cetera. how I feel about all of this."   Confused

What F1 need is more money coming in. Cap would mean the beginning of the end; less exciting, less viewers, less sponsors, less money, et cetera.
Make it more exciting to watch, like bring in a better camera view that captures the speed and danger of the sport (we talked already about this in other thread). Liberty is a media company, they surely most understand to bring in sponsors, get people to pay attention, right?

Zandvoort concerning, I believe the deadline is 31.03.19, so might know soon. But all signs are looking green.
[+] 3 users Like Antilochos's post

The FIA has confirmed plans for an even stricter clampdown on oil burn in 2020, as the governing body moves to stop teams benefiting from the activity.
Ever since the turbo hybrid engines came in with a strict fuel limit, some manufacturers have tried to find ways to boost power through burning oil rather than petrol.

The FIA quickly cottoned on to what the engine makers were up to, and have made several moves over the years to limit the activity.
Teams currently have to operate with a strict limit of oil consumption of 0.6 litres per 100km, while for 2019 further rules were introduced to prevent teams exploiting oil burn in qualifying.
In particular, teams can no longer add oil or transfer it from an auxiliary oil tank to any part of the lubrication system during qualifying.
But with the FIA still feeling that teams are pushing the limits too much, it will half the amount of oil that can be burned – cutting back the allowed consumption to 0.3 litres per 100km. Teams were notified of this change over the winter.
The FIA's head of single-seater matters Nikolas Tombazis says the governing body is clear that any use by teams of oil burn as a way of boosting performance is not acceptable.

"The question of oil is simple," he told Motorsport.com. "The regulation states that the only fuel that can be burned is petrol, so the oil must be just a lubricant.

"We know that there is oil consumption, but in some cases that could contribute to the performance, which is not correct.
"We intervened and reduced consumption to 0.6 kg per 100 km, but in anticipation of next year we want to drop even further.
"When it comes down to such low consumption, it becomes clear that there will be no need to have an auxiliary tank in qualifying. So this is the novelty of 2019."
Teams have been informed that the FIA will base the oil consumption figure on any given distance taken as a multiple of a lap – to ensure they are not burning more during specific phases of the event.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

That's Ferrari screwed then Forza!

;-)
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Picked from Neils post.

Formula 1 faces a pivotal meeting on Tuesday as bosses present their plans to the teams for the future of the sport from 2021.

Owners Liberty Media and governing body the FIA are to introduce a budget cap and restructure revenue distribution to try to make F1 more competitive.

The agenda for the meeting has been sent to teams without specific details.

The package is the result of 12 months of talks after Liberty first presented its hopes for F1's future last April.
The meeting will discuss:

Cap on teams' annual budgets, starting in either 2020 or 2021 at a figure above $200m (£151m) a year and reducing to below $150m (£114m) within three or four years.

Revised revenue distribution in an attempt to narrow the gap in income between the top teams and the rest.

Revised governance to end the current system where only six of the 10 teams have a formal say on rules.

An outline of technical rules that will be aimed at making the cars able to race more closely.

Revised engine rules, keeping the current 1.6-litre V6 turbo hybrids but with changes to make them louder.

A change to the rules governing how many parts teams can buy from rivals while still meeting the requirement of being a constructor in their own right.

Liberty's aim is to stop F1 being a two-tier sport, where three teams have a huge performance advantage over the rest to the point that no team other than Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull can hope to win a race.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(26-03-2019, 01:05 PM)morini Wrote:  That's Ferrari screwed then Forza!

;-)

We will just come up with another way to cheat find a bit more bhp then  Tongue

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 5 users Like forzaferrari's post

On the Ferrari front, they no longer have that complicated battery set up apparently, so we can no longer say they're harvesting and deploying energy illegally. However, I kinda wish they'd just open all that stuff up and allow the engine manufacturers to really push the energy recovery and deployment envelopes. It's clear the technology the teams have has already moved significantly past where the regulation are.

On the oil side of things it'll also supposedly hit Renault, which at this point just seems unnecessarily mean to me.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(26-03-2019, 03:26 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  On the oil side of things it'll also supposedly hit Renault, which at this point just seems unnecessarily mean to me.

Renault? that is just mean....Gonna stay optimistic though and hope it has zero effect, and its merely just a preempt.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

The Formula 1 drivers met with the Bahrain stewards on Friday to discuss the adoption of a “let them race” attitude towards on-track incidents.

Last season the talk of penalties often dominated Formula 1 circles as drivers, and some team bosses, felt the stewards were being too harsh.

But, as always, that depended on which side of the argument they stood – the one doing the transgression, or the one being transgressed against.

As such FIA president Jean Todt suggested hosting a meeting in Bahrain where the drivers could voice their opinions, not only about the punishments but also the standard of driving.

This took place on Friday with Garry Connelly, the chairman of the FIA stewards in Bahrain, saying they discussed adopting a “let them race” and what exactly that would mean.

“What we wanted to try and do was work towards some consensus on what ‘let them race’ means,” he told Motorsport.com.

“We went round the room and every driver expressed an opinion.

“One issue that was discussed was moving under braking. They all believe that that can be potentially dangerous.”

Connelly added: “We told them we weren’t going to change anything overnight, we were there to get input.

“There are probably three or four major points that we’ll take out of it.

“I guess you can sum it up by saying they want to be allowed to race, but they want it to be safe and fair.”

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Little progress made in 2021 regulations

Liberty Media met with Formula 1's teams last week to go over the 2021 regulations, however it seems that not much has moved on between the previous major meeting, held in Bahrain the year before.

Well-respected F1 reporter Dieter Rencken, writing for racefans.net, revealed some details about future payments, which will hit the bigger teams and boost the smaller ones.

According to the report, F1's 'big three' could be $30m a year down, with Renault and Racing Point potentially seeing their coffers swollen by $25m each.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post