F1 "Future Vision" plans

I really hope they have listened to F1FanVoice, because 2018 graphics were just the absolute worst. I fear they are going to go seriously overboard with AR graphics for this AI shtuff next year, making an even further mockery of the show.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Hesh, I fear you're right, I did some feedback with some researchers into the APPs and infographics, and they asked zero questions about levels of info or what info they should contain. It was all about graphic design and colours etc. I got frustrated and filled out a massive amount of my answers pointing out they weren't asking the right questions and I filled out a massive amount in the any other comments section. They just don't get it.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...l-for-2020

Formula 1 remain "very hopeful" of agreeing a new deal for the British GP at Silverstone but also admit a race in London would be an "ideal circumstance".

Grinds teeth...… "but also admit a race in London"   Cry  

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

They're fucking idiots. London isn't interested. The Mayor's office put out a lukewarm statement about F1 being an important global brand and sport, blah, blah, blah... I don't think the Yanks understand a Whitehall style brush off when they receive one. Essentially the London Assembly are saying we don't need the transport disruption nor the security cost for running such an event every year.

Hell... it was the same reason New York kicked the Port Imperial circuit plans to death. The costs for major cities in terms of direct costs, but also disruption costs mean to major cities it's not worth it. Does New York or London need the boost in tourism? Nope.
[+] 5 users Like Jody Barton's post

Why are these twats hell bent on city races? Have they no concept of the heritage of F1? If you want to watch cars run around inappropriate city based "tracks" then go and watch Formula E. FFS!! Get. A. Grip!

<bernie, why did you sell out to these arseholes?>
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/46443189

Formula 1: Seven key issues facing the sport's bosses for the 2019 season.

High-profile races under threat.
A defeat on engines; what of the other rules?
What about money?
And the budget cap?
Broadcasting - especially in the UK.
Is F1 meeting its own targets?
The thorny issue of tyres.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

The FIA has tweaked the way penalties will be applied to Formula 1 grids from 2019, in an attempt to encourage those who have penalties to take part in qualifying.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/penal...n/4309205/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Papa - I wonder how Sky would feel having paid 1.2 Billion for the rights to cover F1 if the British GP is not saved. At the very least methinks interest would not get better but far worse. That in turn would surely reduce the audience and hence viewers for the program.

Sky take a lot of crap for their coverage of F1 but I have to say that (yet again) I may be in a minority but I really like it a lot. There are things I do not like , there always is. I think Mr Croft has become very tiresome and boring. I appreciate Martin Brundle and his knowledge but perhaps he needs a change of role because I am tired of hearing the same comments race after race. If he tells me again about the grid forming up and the time it takes etc I think I will blow a gasket!!! All that said the loss to free to air TV is a major blow, I dont know how you reverse that, its not as simple as some think it is. When you look at the British GP paying 20 Million it kind of pales compared to the amount Sky have paid to cover the sport. In addition to the British GP the German and Italian GP's need to be permanent fixtures in my view.

I dont care a jot about the money beyond making sure all teams can at least not LOSE money. I hate the idea of equality, its never been that way why should it be now. It has worked out alright for years the day we all have equal budgets, same engines, same everything is the day I say goodbye. I know it does not really apply on this board but if you do not like F1 go find something you do like and quite your whining there is plenty of racing genres out there. Failing that go buy a games machine and race that!!

Tyres.... how much are they really holding back racing? In my book a hell of a lot, who knows whose car would perform better with longer lasting or at least full flat out race tyres. That in of itself could help some of the smaller teams.

Engines. Like it or not V6 Hybrids are here to stay, who wants to foot the bill for the Engine manufacturers to develop and perfect a completely new engine. Stay with what you have, geez Honda and Renault have still not figured it all out and now you want to change again.... ridiculous.

Americanization. Most of you probably know America is indeed where I live but Liberty it seems to me are hell bent on follwing American Ideas and in my view that is just not going to work. If you want another race in the States that fine go sort out Watkins Glen, but street races in New York and/or Miami, no thank you. In fact street races NO. FULL STOP (period, if you are American). We already have enough of them.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(06-12-2018, 06:38 AM)NeilP Wrote:  1) Papa - I wonder how Sky would feel having paid 1.2 Billion for the rights to cover F1 if the British GP.

2) Sky take a lot of crap for their coverage of F1 but I have to say that (yet again) I may be in a minority but I really like it a lot. 

3) I think Mr Croft has become very tiresome and boring. I appreciate Martin Brundle and his knowledge All that said the loss to free to air TV is a major blow, 

4) I dont care a jot about the money beyond making sure all teams can at least not LOSE money. I hate the idea of equality,

5) Tyres.... how much are they really holding back racing?  In my book a hell of a lot, 

6) Engines. Like it or not V6 Hybrids are here to stay, who wants to foot the bill for the Engine manufacturers to develop and perfect a completely new engine. Stay with what you have, geez Honda and Renault have still not figured it all out and now you want to change again.... ridiculous.

7) Americanization. Most of you probably know America is indeed where I live but Liberty it seems to me are hell bent on follwing American Ideas and in my view that is just not going to work. If you want another race in the States that fine go sort out Watkins Glen, but street races in New York and/or Miami, no thank you. In fact street races NO. FULL STOP (period, if you are American).  We already have enough of them.

Hiya Neil Smile

1) Yes bud agreed, the fact that Liberty think a street race in London would be as good as a Silverstone GP shows   how out of touch they are with the fans, they say they are going to favour the historic tracks...… oh really.   Confused

2) I personally think that the SKY F1 coverage is the best I have seen in my time, though, very small niggle,  I would like "the chain" back as their sound track.  Cool

3) Put plainly, Crofty's a twat, we really like Martin, along with Ted are our favourites, enjoyed Nico's contribution when he's on, Jenson as well next year, losing free to air is akin to shooting yourself in the foot, the teams don't like it so I'm hoping it will return.  Gross

4) This is where we will have to agree to disagree, I believe if the money is shared more equally the racing would be closer, for me that's what I want, as for equality, I see so much inequality in my world I hate it.  Sad

5) Yes, think most of us don't like tyre/fuel saving. (even if it has gone on since the flintstones lol.)  Laughing

6) Spending all that money on new engines just as they are closing up? typical F1, unless we can have V12's back!  Love

7) with you word for word, no more street tracks, Watkins Glenn...………………… PLEASE!!!   Smile 

Hope all's good in your world.   Big Grin 

Edit, excuse the smilies, flapjack Friday came early this week.   Stoned

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Right, firstly thanks Papa for bullet pointing NeilP's post right here's my take on it:

1) If Liberty Media allow Silverstone and the British GP to slip off the calendar, and no a London street circuit wouldn't count, I think they'd be in for a shock. According to a recent poll Monza, Spa and Silverstone were vying for fans favourite race. Sky wouldn't be the only organisation pissed off either, the teams view Silverstone as their home GP.

2) On the whole Sky's coverage is good, hearing Button and Risberg Will be more involved next year is also good news. The one problem I have is Croft. He's just really annoying, over the top and I hate his shouting and waffle. He's not entertaining.

3) See above comment... I wholeheartedly agree, Croft is a cockwomble.

4) I'm with Papa, inequality is always bad, even more so in sport, it leads to foregone conclusion, and we're seeing that in F1. Leveling the playing field a little bit more would definitely be healthy.

5) As Papa said, it's not just the tyres, it's fuel, gearbox and engine saving. It's hurting the racing, no question. We certainly need the sport to loosen up on these things because the money saving side has gone too far in the wrong direction.

6) I kinda agree that n the V6 hybrid engines now, I have for a long time, but given we aren't likely to see new engine manufacturers enter the sport any way why bother? Unrestricted the rev limiter and ERS deployment and let teams push the envelope of what these units can do.

7) Yes, the Americanisation of F1 will just alienate the fans they already have, but maybe it'll open up new markets for them? It's a complete turn off for me personally though, and I'm sick of this destination city street circuit BS they're obsessed with. No thanks.

I hope LM come to their senses before they trash F1 too much.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post