F1 "Future Vision" plans

(16-04-2019, 03:15 PM)NeilP Wrote:  We are eventually going to see a 25 race calendar of that I am certain. Time wise I would say inside 5 years.

I really do not like the direction we are going in relation to both the number of races and (as I have alluded too many times in the past) the style of circuit which is exclusively mentioned as street races. Vietnam - street race. proposed Miami GP - street race.  Talked about New York race - street race. Now China - street race. I am with others leave the street racing to Formula E.

I think all of us on here realize the sport needs to develop and change but along with the technical side being screwed up in the future (in my opinion), the move to exclusive PPV television, the failure to tackle money distribution, the obvious failure to attract new engine suppliers (No big deal in my opinion), the failure to attract new teams and the horrible apparent decision to move more to street racing has me very concerned.

Maybe countries are reluctant to spend billions building a state of the art racing circuit, only to find its dropped from the calendar after a few years cos they don't bring in the crowds. India and Turkey spring to mind. Street circuits (which I mostly hate too) are a quicker (and cheaper?) solution if a country wants to stage an F1 race. They take a lot of organizing and logistics of course, but if it turns out not to be popular there's no expensive circuit left gathering dust.

(16-04-2019, 01:43 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  FFS!!!!!!!!!

Formula 1 officials are “highly interested” in holding a second grand prix in China in the near future, with talks set to be held with as many as six cities over a potential street race.
The Chinese Grand Prix debuted on the F1 calendar in 2004 at the purpose-built Shanghai International Circuit, and staged the sport’s 1,000th world championship round last weekend.
China is the largest car market in the world, making it an ideal nation to stage multiple grands prix as F1 looks to expand its reach and add rounds to calendar in the future.
A report from AFP claims an event in Beijing is under consideration, with F1 commercial chief Sean Bratches saying a future Chinese street race would be of significant interest to the sport in addition to the existing Shanghai event.

“In terms of interest, we would be highly interested in a street race,” Bratches told AFP.

"It would be a nice juxtaposition to the purpose-built, extraordinary facility that we have here. Our intent is to bring our show to the people.
"There's meetings set up in each with government officials to talk about identifying a second city to host a grand prix.
"We think there's an opportunity to grow from that perspective.”

The F1 calendar currently stands at 21 races, with a new race in Vietnam set to be added to the schedule for 2020. A street race will be held in the nation’s capital, Hanoi, next April.
(as reported in Crash.net)

Just: NO!!!!
[+] 2 users Like DRicc's post

Vietnam track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPtbo5UIZFA
Saw much?

This doesn't look a fun track to drive. You thunk they could've made the corner at the end of the massive straight any sharper and narrow...

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(18-04-2019, 07:22 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Vietnam track
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPtbo5UIZFA
Saw much?

This doesn't look a fun track to drive. You thunk they could've made the corner at the end of the massive straight any sharper and narrow...

Hmmm..., with all the work Sid Watkins did to promote and improve safety in F1 does anybody else think all these street circuits with no run off areas are a step backwards? I mean apart from the fact that they offer up generally shit races and nobody who has watched F1 for more than 5 minutes actually likes street circuits anyway. If Liberty want more races on the calendar then put some skin in the game and either bring some old classic circuits up to scratch or build more proper circuits in new locations.

It's been a few years now, but nothing they have done since Bernie sold out has swayed my opinion that a large American media company buying F1 was ever a good thing. I'm well aware I'm an old "stuck in my ways" git, but I mostly want to go back and live in the 70's.

Fuck you Liberty Media!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

I read elsewhere the proposed Miami race was to be scrapped....fantastic I thought.....then read this Sad

Plans to run the proposed Miami Grand Prix around Biscayne Boulevard and Bayfront Park in the city’s downtown area appear to have been scrapped in favour of a new venue adjacent to the Miami Dolphins stadium, according to the group led by the NFL team’s owner.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/miami...irculation

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

The Governor of the state of Rio de Janeiro has gone public on F1’s desire to switch the Brazilian Grand Prix from Interlagos to a former Olympic site in his city.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rio-d...p/4376729/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Soooo... another city / street race... Fuck off Liberty Media.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(27-04-2019, 07:29 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Soooo... another city / street race... Fuck off Liberty Media.

Seconded.

LM, have a fuck off from me too (you bunch of shysters).
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

The FIA has opened tenders for standard brake systems and wheel rims in Formula 1 from 2021 as part of its ongoing push to drive down costs for teams.

With F1 preparing for a new generation of cars and a wider overhaul of the sport in two years' time, there is a desire to rein in areas where teams spend a lot of money doing their own things for minimal performance gains.

Earlier this year, a tender for standard gearboxes was launched, and now two separate invites have been opened for parties interested in supplying brake parts and wheel rims.

The tenders run from 2021 until 2024, but depending on the outcome of commercial negotiations with teams it is possible they could be extended until 2025.

The brake tender is split into two parts – one involves brake pads and friction discs, while the other involves a brake hydraulics systems that comprises the front and rear brake calipers, a master cylinder and brake by wire components.

The wheel rim tender is for 18-inch rims, with scope for the wheel width to change slightly for 2021.

The idea is that each team will be supplied with a minimum of 60 sets for the year.

All the tenders demands that the parts live up to the performance currently expected in F1, and that all teams be provided with equal specifications.

The submission date for all the tenders is May 22, with the decision of the FIA set to be made on June 14.

F1 managing director Ross Brawn has suggested that the scope for standard parts will extend much further than what has currently been put out for tender.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Standard parts... no... may as well ask Dallara to build the bloody cars like IndyCar. I'm seriously starting to go off of this sport.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

@ScarbsTech: Further more the wheel nut will not be captive with the wheel, so there could be loose wheelnuts at pitstops, along with slower stops as the nut, axle, wheel gun and jack are all part of the spec part programme.....WTF???

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post