F1 "Future Vision" plans

(03-05-2018, 12:54 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Stop burning that oil boys Wink

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-c...e-1032975/

Anything to make qualifying more representative of true race-pace get's my vote. But I really hope this doesn't account for Ferrari's surge in quali form since Australia

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 1 user Likes Purple-banana's post

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...n-changes/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(03-05-2018, 10:36 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Ya, I agree with those for the "core" tracks, although Suzuka is a little single file, it is amazing circuit.

I would add Interlagos as well, purely for the weather aspect of that track. 2012, still one of the best races I've ever seen.

Oi, Hesh no putting Suzuka down. It's my favourite track on the calendar! What's more, if my cunning plan comes to fruition I will be there this year.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

"if my cunning plan comes to fruition I will be there this year"

How fecking COOL!!! Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(03-05-2018, 05:17 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  How fecking COOL!!! Tongue

I'm not quite there yet, but working on it.

It's our 30th wedding anniversary in September (yes, I know I'd be out by now if I'd murdered her instead), and Mrs M want's to go on a good holiday. The only two weeks we can both go are first 2 weeks in October. I suggested Japan <innocent look on face> It's gone down well and she is looking for flights :-) Once they are booked I might mention there is a Grand Prix in the middle!
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Good man, plead ignorance/innocence at all times Wink

Formula 1 chairman Chase Carey insists the sport will not turn its back on Europe, despite its push for new races in venues like Miami.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-no...y-1033043/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

"Good man, plead ignorance/innocence at all times" 100% accurate, never fails, just don't giggle.

"But to be clear, it is not at the expense of the sport in Europe – which is the foundation of this sport, the home of this sport and this sport will always be built, as far as I am concerned, on its foundations." Carey.

Lets hope this is genuine.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(03-05-2018, 06:19 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "Good man, plead ignorance/innocence at all times"  100% accurate, never  fails, just don't giggle.

But M you must perfect the look of shock when you "find out" there happens to be a race coinciding with the trip....very,very important!!

Good luck bud, hope it works out for you (both)

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Not at the expense of Europe, just every F1 fan.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

I don't buy it. Liberty Media claim to want more races in the States, retain the core of Europe and maintain the new markets. Someone on the comments section of one of the motorsports sites showed that if Carey keeps every promise he's made, and gets the races on the calendar he says he wants, then there'll be 33 races a year. Yeah, I smell BS somewhere.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post