F1 "Future Vision" plans

The Chemical Brothers haven't been relevant for a long time now, and honestly it shows how out of touch LM are with yoof kulcha. The track itself is so lacklustre I couldn't be bothered to listen to all of it.

As to Silverstone I decking knew it. Hearing that Austin, Suzuka and Spa are also in similar positions, while preferential treatment is offered to the lines of Miami and Vietnam just does not fill me with confidence. Monza's contract is up at the end of 2021 and they're currently not happy at all with the way LM are treating them. I can see it all going horridly wrong.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(08-03-2019, 04:18 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Bit more doom for you Hesh…..   Sad

The way I read that, I thought you were referring to having more "Doom" in the music track, and I thought, HELL YEAH! Papa : P
Be it Doom Metal, or just a sample from the game Doom soundtrack.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jly9qp40rfw
Hell, condense and splice this with an intense racing video. Boom, I'm hyped, bloods pumping for the upcoming F1 session, lol

Track contract news is just so dire, it's pouring the bleak paint onto F1's future. Maybe having more interest in FE will be beneficial to become immune to awful city track, once they plague the entire F1 calendar.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(08-03-2019, 04:33 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  it shows how out of touch LM are with yoof kulcha. The track itself is so lacklustre I couldn't be bothered to listen to all of it.

As to Silverstone I decking knew it. Hearing that Austin, Suzuka and Spa are also in similar positions, while preferential treatment is offered to the lines of Miami and Vietnam just does not fill me with confidence. Monza's contract is up at the end of 2021 and they're currently not happy at all with the way LM are treating them. I can see it all going horridly wrong.

I haven't listened to the Chem Bros tune so I can't comment. Won't listen now as I'm 3/4 full of gin. Probably not the best time to judge Big Grin

More worried about the classic F1 tracks future viablity, if I'm honest. My plans to do Spa this year have just been sunk by a family event Bomb, so that one’s off the cards this year unfortunately. I hope to Allah (don't believe in any god, so he is as good as any other in my books) I get the chance to visit Spa and Monza before LM ruin F1 forever. Come on Bernie, buy it back for f*cks sake! At least you understood the heritage (mostly because you were part of it). Please listen Liberty Media, F1 isn't just another Indycar. It has a fantastic history and and "atmosphere" which draws petrol heads in. These are intangible things which make it very "special". Some people want to keep it special rather than just another motorsport moneytrain.

I still watch historic F1 races because it makes me happy (like old vinyl records), how many people do the same for other series?
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Gags just told me Ted's only doing 14 races & Ted's note/quali book's going..

Kravitz’s Sky role reduced
Industry sources in recent weeks have indicated to this site that Ted Kravitz will be with Sky for fewer races this season. His future was the subject of social media speculation during February, with this site revealing that the broadcaster u-turned on their decision to drop him from their F1 coverage.

During Motor Sport Magazine’s F1 Preview evening, it was noted that Kravitz will be with Sky for 14 of the 21 races this season. Alongside this, Sky’s schedules next weekend does not include Ted’s Qualifying or Race Notebook, which has been a regular fixture of Sky’s output since 2012.

It is unclear if Sky have axed Ted’s Notebook, or moved it to an online-only offering. Given that Kravitz’s commitments with Sky are reducing, one could draw conclusions that Sky have indeed axed the Notebook from their schedules.

Any reduction on this front is disappointing, but 14 of the 21 races is still two-thirds of the season, and clearly the situation could have been much worse as discussed in recent weeks. I hope the Notebook turns up on Sky’s online platforms in some format for the 14 races, but time will tell.

Whether Kravitz is working with a second broadcaster this season, where the Notebook output could end up airing on, is also unknown, but a distinct possibility.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(09-03-2019, 07:56 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Gags just told me Ted's only doing 14 races & Ted's note/quali book's going..

Well, thats a bit shit isnt it....Sky is slowly but surely ballsing the whole thing up  Angry

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(09-03-2019, 08:06 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Well, thats a bit shit isnt it....Sky is slowly but surely ballsing the whole thing up  Angry

Eh? What? Have I been transported into a parallel universe?

Slowly ballsing it up? It's a bit bloody late for that fella! If I'm honest there are very few things I like about the Sky coverage. I find nearly all the pundits (Ted included, I am afraid) highly irritating. About the only thing they do well is the pictures (and I understand that is a world feed anyway). I'd be more than happy if they sacked every last one of them and brought in a fresher more objective team.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Seriously, this thread really bums me out : (

(09-03-2019, 08:41 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Seriously, this thread really bums me out : (

Ted fan then Hesh? Sorry, didn't mean to bum you out Sad

Seriously, I'd be happy if Sky put a bit more effort into their *monopoly* coverage. Which we all pay through the nose to watch too. In my opinion it just isn't quality presentation. C4 was OK, if you could look past that idiot welsh anchorbloke. Quite like DC and even Mark Webber is better than Martin Bungle.

Just my 2p worth. I've been disillusioned with Sky for years. I really don't think that team is value for money. Sorry chaps.

[edit]
Perhaps whingeing about TV coverage isn't very on topic for a thread titled "F1 future vision plans" (debatable). I won't argue if the posts are moved elsewhere though.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

hehe, it wasn't your post bud. It's just all the "future plan" news.

Yes I do enjoy Ted being part of the F1 presentation, I enjoy listening to him. His Notebooks were the highlight of Sky production, yes they have their massively awkward moments that I had to skip though. But, the information he covers was great. Nothing too complex, easy to follow, insider info about the relevant session, just nicely summed up the sessions.

I still have a hole from not having development corner during testing.

Wonder how many people they had to cut from the garage PR stunt, people that told them how it is. : P

Edit: I'll move them to the pre-season testing thread with the rest of the sky line up posts, once we're done.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Formula 1 is now on course to reduce the impact of dirty air on performance by as much as five times with its 2021 regulations, sporting director Ross Brawn has revealed.

F1's switch to higher-downforce cars in 2017 triggered a reduction in overtakes and wheel-to-wheel action, as drivers struggled to run close behind other cars due to an increased loss of performance while running in the car ahead's turbulent wake.

Raising the quality of racing has been a primary aim for the championship's next rules cycle, and while F1 has already introduced a raft of changes aimed at increasing overtaking for 2019, series chiefs have promised a much more substantial impact from the 2021 rules.

When F1's initial 2021 car concepts were launched in Singapore last year, Brawn said F1 had designs that would allow cars to keep as much as 80 percent of their performance in dirty air – but ahead of this year's campaign he has offered an estimate that was bigger still.

"There's a massive difference already," he said. "With the current car, two car lengths behind, you lose 50 percent of the performance.
"The car we have [in the works] now, you lose 10 percent of the performance. So it's a huge improvement over where we are today."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post