F1 "Future Vision" plans

Formula 1 has ruled out Assen as a 'feasible' option for a return of the Dutch Grand Prix, leaving Zandvoort as the only option according to the Netherlands sports council......thank f*ck for that!!!!!!!!!!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

What a relief, the gem of MotoGP's calendar will remain unsoiled!

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

What ever your opinion on this he is right & I'm glad he's speaking, hoping Liberty might listen to him as they don't seem to be listening to us fans.

Lewis Hamilton says it does not make sense for Formula 1 fans to be blocked or deterred from watching races by the reduction of free-to-air television coverage.

F1's broadcast deal with Sky means UK-based fans need a subscription to the broadcaster's dedicated channel to watch every grand prix live this season.

The UK's free-to-air options have now been reduced to highlights and live coverage of the British Grand Prix, which Hamilton said is "definitely not cool"

"It is the fans that makes the sport what it is, so the more you block them or deter them the worse the business is going to be for the people that own it.

Hamilton said he grew up watching F1 races on the BBC "and it was awesome".
He also expressed sympathy for fans being hit by increased costs to follow grands prix, and said he doubts the number of viewers is going to increase.

"It is bloody expensive nowadays with everything you have in your home, with all your insurance and all the things you do end up paying," he said.

"And on top of that you have to pay for TV and for a TV licence, which is ridiculous, it is a shame that the fans are not getting to see as much."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

[Image: D1C4YToX4AAZXHp.jpg]
OK, this has my attention! Perhaps they are listening....

Chemical Brothers have composed a new music track to be used in F1. Big fan of them, their music for London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony blew me away, they know how to bring great volume of power to music. Figures crossed it delivers on the "Theme Tune" aspect, and can become iconic.

This what the press release is talking about.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBw5Red0Lr8
There are some great noises in the there. How long before some sound tech fans have slowed it down from the 15000BPM?...

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

The FIA World Motor Sport Council has approved plans for an extra Formula 1 World Championship point to be awarded for fastest lap, starting from the opening race of the 2019 season in Melbourne.

The initiative, which was not mentioned in Thursday's WMSC bulletin, now has to be passed by an e-vote of the F1 Commission to be added to the Sporting Regulations before the first race.

It had already gone through the Sporting Working Group and the Strategy Group, and would usually go to the Commission before the WMSC. However, on this occasion, the e-vote was not completed beforehand, so the usual approval procedure was reversed.

Formula E also awards a point for fastest lap, but unlike in the all-electric series, in F1 the bonus point will only be awarded if the driver concerned finishes in the top 10.

This is to stop drivers who are well outside the points and with nothing to lose making a last minute stop for fresh tyres.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

This is a suggestion I made years ago. Be interesting to see how it pans out. I think points for the top 3 on qualifying would be interesting too.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

I don't know whether I don't like the idea of these extra points, or whether I just don't care.

As for the fastest lap point. I don't know why they don't open it up to the whole field. It would liven up the rear of the field at the end of the race, so why not give them something to fight for.

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Agree Hesh, I don't see anything wrong with extending it to the entire field. So what if a team comes in for fresh boots to attempt the fastest lap? It'd add some excitement throughout the field.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Well, 2019 F1 has started out just as 2018 did. With a massively lacklustre new tune, I'm so underwhelmed I don't have any words.

Next year they'll probably get Hans Zimmer doing it and my infinite awe for his music composing will be abruptly terminated xD

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Bit more doom for you Hesh….. Sad

Ross Brawn says it is "frustrating" that Formula 1 and Silverstone have so far failed to reach an agreement to save the British Grand Prix.

The circuit's contract expires after this year's race and talks on a new deal have stalled.

"We want to find a solution with Silverstone," F1 managing director Brawn said. "But we are differing in our views of what's reasonable.

"We're not far apart. It's frustrating that we can't find a solution."

He said: "I don't think it will be the final British Grand Prix. Whether that's at Silverstone or not is another matter."

And he gave what might be interpreted as a thinly veiled threat that F1 could look elsewhere for a venue by making reference to a time between the 1960s to 1980s when Silverstone used to alternate as the race's host with the Brands Hatch track in Kent.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post