F1 "Future Vision" plans

"we’d love to entertain it but we have no money.”

So just like Silverstone then, starting to worry for the British GP when you hear so many Countries queuing up to hold a race weekend & as for some of the "tracks" quote Morini, "Another bloody Mickey mouse street circuit? No thanks, F1 is turning into FE."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(02-05-2018, 04:30 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  "we’d love to entertain it but we have no money.”

So just like Silverstone then, starting to worry for the British GP when you hear so many Countries queuing up to hold a race weekend & as for some of the "tracks" quote Morini, "Another bloody Mickey mouse street circuit? No thanks, F1 is turning into FE."

I cant imagine F1 seasons without Silverstone now Sad

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Just no. God no please. The idea of a Miami Street circuit race fills me with absolute dread. That they are trying to rush it through in under 12 months is mind boggling, Baku took 7 years to plan and Singapore nearly a decade, because you can't just put up tec-pro barriers and temporary stands and go racing. I really do think Liberty Media could be the death knell for F1.

(02-05-2018, 04:36 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  I cant imagine F1 seasons without Silverstone now Sad

If Silverstone or Suzuka drop off the calendar I think I will throw the towel in and stop watching.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(02-05-2018, 09:23 PM)morini Wrote:  If Silverstone or Suzuka drop off the calendar I think I will throw the towel in and stop watching.

Not sure if I would go as far as to throw in the towel but there are a few classic tracks that to me are the backbone of F1 and should be kept regardless of what it takes.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Suzuka is actually under threat. Like a few of the old classics. I understand that there will always be new circuits coming into the calendar, and old one dropping off, but as you say Forza, there should be a protected core:

Monza
Silverstone
Spa
Suzuka

Those are my nominations. I would have been happy to drop Interlagos before last year's race, but with these new cars it was brilliant.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(02-05-2018, 10:08 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Suzuka is actually under threat. Like a few of the old classics. I understand that there will always be new circuits coming into the calendar, and old one dropping off, but as you say Forza, there should be a protected core:

Monza
Silverstone
Spa
Suzuka

Those are my nominations. I would have been happy to drop Interlagos before last year's race, but with these new cars it was brilliant.

Yep, pretty much nailed it there, keep those at all costs, a formula one season would be somewhat dire without those tracks.

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ya, I agree with those for the "core" tracks, although Suzuka is a little single file, it is amazing circuit.

I would add Interlagos as well, purely for the weather aspect of that track. 2012, still one of the best races I've ever seen.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Hesh, last year both Interlagos and Suzuka came alive with these cars. The extra downforce made parts of those tracks overtaking spots again, Spoon for gawds sake!!! Suzuka had overtakes, as did Interlagos, both have unpredictable weather, and both are supreme tests of driver skill. I'd have thrown Interlagos into my core two, but both tracks do need some investment and modernisation.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Stop burning that oil boys Wink

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-c...e-1032975/