F1 "Future Vision" plans

I think this just passes for this topic. As this is the future of British coverage.

Chandhock to join SkyF1
https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/...am-in-2019

Bitterly disappointed by this. They have enough solid "tech" insight pundits. Ted K, Ant D and Paul DiR. Chandhock to me was C4 weakest asset, he runs his mouth with assumptions based on little or no evidence, it was infuriating.
How Sky have passed up the opportunity to acquire Lee McKenzie is a little baffling, she is a great presenter, been in the paddock for so long, and should be reunited with the original BBC team. Get Rachel Brooks out, she has an insanely underwhelming screen presence and knowledge of the sport.

Flush out the "old" drivers aswell, Hill and Herbert nostalgia and "goofishness" has entirely worn off. Their opinions are so flat, they add nothing. They bring in Jenson and Nico, who have at least been on track fighting against those that are involved on track, aswell as vast experience in the tech of the current cars and logistics, so use them to help get into the mind set of the current races and teams.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

100% agree with you Hesh on all points though my biggest annoyance with Sky coverage is still that twat Crofty....he needs to go!

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3705/...f1-future/

'Monza planning €100m revamp to save F1 future'

Monza is set for a €100million revamp that will see the famous circuit altered as organisers of the Italian Grand Prix look to preserve the famous course on the F1 calendar. Gazzetta dello Sport reports that the changes are hoped to be completed by 2022 – the circuit's centenary.

Monza has hosted races in all but one season since the World Championship's inception in 1950.
However, the rising cost of hosting F1 has begun to bite for Italian GP organisers, as has also been the case in toher historical venues such as Germany and Great Britain.

The German GP was rescued by Liberty Media after striking a deal with Mercedes, but the British GPs future is less certain, with Silverstone currently set to drop off the calendar in 2020.
Monza's plans could see the famous track significantly altered.

Gazzetta reports that the second Lesmo will be widened, reversing changes made in response to Ayrton Senna's death at Imola in 1994, while the second chicane – scene of Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel's collision in this year's race – could be removed, while the track will be widened to meet modern FIA standards.

As well as alterations to the circuit, facilities for fans and media are in need to updating and will be factored into the seemingly sky-high cost.

"The money will be found somehow," Gazzetta quotes Angelo Sticchi Damiani, the president of the Automobile Club d'Italia (ACI).

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

The pressure being put on the likes of Spa, Monza and Silverstone to simultaneously modernise by spending ridiculous amounts of money, and also pay much, much bigger hosting fees. It's getting to the point where it seems like Liberty Media wants these historic GPs off the calendar. They're pushing Suzuka ridiculously hard too. Very, very concerned.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/react...l/4312923/

F1 will react if 2019 aero changes don’t improve racing.

Formula 1 chiefs say they will react to make further changes to help improve overtaking in the future if new aero rules do not deliver in 2019.

Amid concerns about the difficulties drivers have had following each other with the new generation of F1 cars, a raft of new regulations have been introduced for next year to help improve the situation.

Wider front wings, revised rear wings plus simpler brake ducts and barge boards are all aimed at reducing the aero sensitivity of the cars so they can race each other better.

F1 managing director of motorsport Ross Brawn is aware there have been reservations about how much of an impact the changes will make, but he says that the sport will respond with more aggressive ideas if teams have found ways to work around the new limitations.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Surely they don't mean for the following season? If it does change again, for 2020, then again for 2021, I fear we can say goodbye to the lower funded/resourced teams. Maybe not from the sport, but from the 107% rule.

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/new-m...1/4312979/

F1 engine manufacturers must share parts with new entrants.

Formula 1’s manufacturers will have to share their technology with new engine entrants in the future, as part of a compromise deal agreed with the sport’s chiefs.

With a radical overhaul of powerunit regulations for 2021 having been abandoned in favour of tweaks to the current concepts, interest from new engine makers to come in to F1 has waned.

While Aston Martin, Cosworth and Porsche all considered joining F1 if there were different engine rules, all of them decided against it when it became clear that the regulations were not changing as much as they had hoped for 2021.
With F1’s owners Liberty Media adamant that more manufacturers are needed in F1 in the future, one of the concessions it has won in exchange for not overhauling the engine rules radically is a technology share programme.

F1 managing director of motorsport Ross Brawn says that such a move was essential to break the stance of the current four manufacturers not wanting anyone else to come in in the future.

“The drawbridge has been pulled up and the existing suppliers don’t want anyone else to come in,” said Brawn in an interview with the official F1 website.

“We have found a compromise. There are regulations coming out which would mean new entrants will get support from existing entrants. There will be components and technology which will have to be shared if it is requested.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Same sh*t, different day!

The prospect of a London grand prix has been boosted by the city mayor believing it "should be possible" and Formula 1 targeting a grand prix on the capital's outskirts.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/londo...e/4315014/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(19-12-2018, 04:52 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Same sh*t, different day!

The prospect of a London grand prix has been boosted by the city mayor believing it "should be possible" and Formula 1 targeting a grand prix on the capital's outskirts.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/londo...e/4315014/

"Same sh*t, different day!"   

Yup buddy Ross Brawn saying the same thing as well, why ask the fans then ignore them? only F1...……...   Cry

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

F1 TV to show winter testing.

https://twitter.com/f1broadcasting/statu...2222834688

It's a start. If last years is anything go by, there will be live streamers track side, that is if F1 law enforcement doesn't have patrols now thy are officially showing it. I imagine they'll be some YouTube bootlegs also.

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post