F1 "Future Vision" plans

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/overt...s/4300040/

F1 teams wary of overtaking impact of 2019 changes.

Leading Formula 1 personnel have warned that rule changes designed to improve overtaking next season may be limited in their impact.

Simplified front and rear wings, brake ducts and bargeboards will be introduced next year with the aim of improving on-track action by allowing cars to follow more closely.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/silve...n/4300920/

A British Grand Prix on a street circuit would be "inappropriate", according to Motorsport UK chairman David Richards, and he has instead backed Silverstone to maintain the Formula 1 event.

The Prodrive boss and 1981 World Rally champion co-driver Richards has been the chairman of the UK motorsport governing body since January of this year, and says that it is "critical" that Britain maintains an F1 race amid speculation that it could miss out on a calendar slot in 2020.

In July 2017 the British Racing Drivers' Club, which owns and operates Silverstone, exercised a break clause with F1 promoter Liberty Media, meaning a new deal – as yet unsigned – will be needed for the 2020 race.
Next year's event is safe and is the last before the break clause takes effect.

A London street race has been rumoured for over 10 years, but any prospective event would face extensive red-tape and logistical issues such as closing busy London streets, and the streets themselves would need work to be suitable for F1 cars to drive on them in competition.

"Silverstone is the only place in my view that can host the race," Richards told Motorsport.com.
"Putting anything on in a different place like a street circuit is inappropriate, because it doesn't leave a legacy and use the infrastructure we have built over the years [at Silverstone].

"It's critical to in my view to this country, to motorsport's good health in this country, that we have a Formula 1 race.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

I simply cannot imagine F1 without a British GP. Not only does that make no sense but I think Liberty need to look beyond the money I think you will see a huge amount of people who follow F1 drop away if this race is not maintained it would also bring into question England being the home base of so many F1 teams.

As for a street race around London, no no no under any circumstances. I dont like the way F1 is moving to more and more street circuits it does not suit the style and historical DNA that F1 has.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(21-11-2018, 03:28 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I simply cannot imagine F1 without a British GP. 

As for a street race around London, no no no under any circumstances. I dont like the way F1 is moving to more and more street circuits it does not suit the style and historical DNA that F1 has.

Hi Neil, I think this is maybe the one subject every single one of us would agree on, well that would be a first! Haha  Laughing

F1 at its finest.... Amus : FIA & teams discussed new tyre rules for 2019 at Abu Dhabi, including mandatory 2-stop-strategies and a new points-system for tyres. As teams can't agree and unanimity is necessary we don't expect any changes for 2019

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

[Image: Ds12GSvXQAAQuXU.jpg]

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/butto...9/4303776/

Button joins Sky F1 TV line-up for 2019.

Jenson Button will join Sky Sports as a TV pundit for all 21-races of the 2019 Formula 1 season.

Button worked for the broadcaster at this year's British Grand Prix and will be a part of the channel's presenting team full-time from the start of next season.

"Working with them at Silverstone this year gave me a taste of television broadcasting, one that I thoroughly enjoyed and look forward to again in 2019."

Button, the 2009 F1 world champion, left grand prix racing at the end of the 2016 season.

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Pirelli makes perfect sense and quite frankly not in the least bit surprising, then Button on Sky, great signing. Genuinely Button, Ant Davidson and Di Resta make far better commentators and pundits than the usual idiots they have.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/brawn...e/4305633/

Formula 1 sporting boss Ross Brawn says it is "unacceptable" that midfield teams have only scored two podiums between them since the start of 2017.

Brawn, who has previously labelled closing the gap between Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull and the rest of the grid a priority for F1, said the rest of the field was "practically racing in their own championship".

"As was the case in 2017, only once and significantly, on a very unusual street circuit like Baku, did a driver from one of those seven teams make it to the podium," said Brawn.

"Two podiums from a total of 123 [across the two seasons] is unacceptable, especially when it comes with an ever increasing technical and financial divide.

"It's a problem we are tackling together with the FIA and the teams, because the future of Formula 1 depends on it.
"There are various solutions on the table and we must all accept that we can't go on like this for too much longer."
Six teams scored podiums in 2014, when F1's V6 turbo-hybrid era began, and 2015, with Force India and Williams both netting rostrum finishes in 2016.

Brawn said he did not want to have to refer to that battle as "the 'other' championship".

Formula 1 will use artificial intelligence to help power a raft of new in-race television graphics that it plans to debut in 2019.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/artif...9/4308340/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post