F1 "Future Vision" plans

Thinner-tread tyres as introduced by Pirelli at three grands prix this season will be used at every Formula 1 race in 2019...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/pirel...s/3211506/

Carey defends F1's betting sponsorship deal...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/carey...l/3211498/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

So they're going back to the tread depth from 2017. Unbelievable. What a silly mistake it was, it's caused all sorts of issues, mostly for the midfield teams, but it's screwed RBR and Mercedes over at various points this year, but hey it's the same for everyone and Ferrari have coped with it better than everyone else.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Betting a healthy way, ahhahaa, nice one. Maybe if it was purely a fantasy thing, with Formula dollars or something, still not "healthy".

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

(11-11-2018, 12:49 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Betting a healthy way, ahhahaa, nice one. Maybe if it was purely a fantasy thing, with Formula dollars or something, still not "healthy".

Yep, morally its wrong to employ attractive young women to stand in front of f1 cars but quite ok to bet away your dosh on the sport....hmmm

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/46199996

Finally an article about Lewis we can all agree on?

Lewis Hamilton has questioned taking Formula 1 to new countries and would like to see more races in places with "real racing history" such as Britain.

The rise of new venues has come at the same time as historic grands prix in Great Britain, Germany, Italy, France and Belgium have struggled to retain their places on the calendar amid mounting hosting costs.

"We've got a lot of real racing history in England, Germany, Italy and now in the States it is starting to grow," said Hamilton. "But you only have one event per year in those places.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/2019-...g/3213534/

Formula 1 sporting boss Ross Brawn says simulation work being carried out to assess the technical changes being made for 2019 is showing "tangible" effects that should improve the racing.

Ahead of a much bigger overhaul of the cars that is planned for 2021, smaller changes are being made for next year, focused on key areas including the front and rear wings, brake ducts and bargeboards.

The hope that that simplifying the aerodynamic profile

Revealed: What F1’s 2019 cars will really look like
of certain parts of the car will make it easier for drivers to follow closely in battle.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140084...tive-deals

F1 says it will drop races with 'unattractive' deals from its calendar.

Formula 1 boss Chase Carey says he will drop races that have "unattractive" agreements with the championship, and replace them with deals negotiated by the new management.

The only new race confirmed on Carey's watch is Vietnam, which is scheduled for 2020. However, he has regularly stated there's extensive interest from potential hosts, and that the calendar could extend to up to 25 races in the future.

Meanwhile the futures of several classic events, including the British Grand Prix at Silverstone, remain in doubt once deals negotiated by Bernie Ecclestone run out.

At the bottom it says...     Cry

A future 25-race schedule is not popular with the teams, and one option that has been discussed in recent meetings is to hold most events over just two days, with only a limited number including a Friday of testing, probably at venues that traditionally pull a full crowd every day.

So it takes me a year to save up for a GP & Carey wants to give less, Hmmmm    Angry

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel

(16-11-2018, 02:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140084...tive-deals

I don't like the sound of that at all :-( Though I think we all fear what could potentially happen under this liberty crowd. If they must include stupid destination street races then please don't let it be at the expense of the classic venues with all the heritage.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(16-11-2018, 02:41 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/140084...tive-deals

Formula 1 boss Chase Carey says he will drop races that have "unattractive" agreements with the championship, and replace them with deals negotiated by the new management.

The fallout of Bernies, excessively greedy deal continues, TBH, I get where LM are coming on this - To an extent - it wasn't LM, who made these crippling deals at tracks like Silverstone etc, it does need to be financially viable for both the circuit and the promoter. This was not the case with the deals Bernie / CVC made. But unfortunately, as far as I know, there is no way to break these deals. Hopefully, with maybe only at worst, a year out, if it has to be, LM, just like the TV rights deals, will be able to secure deals with historic races, which suite both parties. In the long term, I doubt LM are that stupid, not to recognise, the importance of these races, perhaps why they want a extended calendar.

Just a thought, Chin up folks Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

(16-11-2018, 10:08 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  The fallout of Bernies, excessively greedy deal continues, TBH, I get where LM are coming on this

Just a thought, Chin up folks Smile

Sorry Fog, we're talking about American businessmen here. They do not understand the concept of history or heritage when it comes to this sport (at the end of the day America doesn’t have any of either so it is understandable). Bernie was a (benevolent) dictator, but I'd take him over this crowd any day of the week. He understood the sport, this crowd clearly do not.

If the heritage tracks go then (for me) it is not F1 anymore. May as well call it Indy 2.

(16-11-2018, 10:22 PM)morini Wrote:  
(16-11-2018, 10:08 PM)Foghorn Leghorn Wrote:  

Sorry Fog, we're talking about American businessmen here. They do not understand the concept of history or heritage

As usual, I may have misspoken, or over simplified it by saying it was "Bernie", yep, he has a lot to do with it, "But", CVC, who were the previous rights holders, and blood sucking pirates (IMO), were also a Yank company. They took what they could, with Bernie as cheerleader for cover. And sold out when the going was good.

I remain, undaunted in my optimism, that LM, will eventually fix the myriad, of issues, that was left behind in their wake.

Will we like it all? Nope. Will they get everything right? Nope.

But I just can's see, when all teams are based in UK, and a couple in Europe. That we will lose the necessary "historic" races. That would be madness. And I don't think LM are mad. They are a business. That's it. And will take a while to get the right deals to secure the future of the sport. Rather than, the what CVC did. They are in it for the long-haul I believe.

Lets, not jump at every move they do, remember, when a lot of folks were blaming them for the halo? which had sweet feck all to do with them?

Like I say, Optimism Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post