F1 "Future Vision" plans

Bad move. I was at Zandvoort a few years back for a track day, and the facilities were pants, and the track was even worse. Not suitable for modern F1 cars.

(04-11-2018, 07:00 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Bad move. I was at Zandvoort a few years back for a track day, and the facilities were pants, and the track was even worse. Not suitable for modern F1 cars.

Well I'm going! (fingers crossed)    Big Grin 

Only 25 minutes on the train from Amsterdamage.   Laughing  

Loved it in Zandvoort, great memory's, the saving starts today.   Winkblink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3277/...021-deals/

Porsche, Lamborghini back out of F1 2021 deals.    Sad

Both Porsche and Lamborghini are set to back out of potential entries in Formula 1, with Liberty Media's 2021 reboot of the sport failing to attract new manufacturers to the grid as intended. FIA president Jean Todt has previously claimed that keeping Mercedes, Ferrari, Renault and Honda on the grid is a more pressing concern than attracting new marques.

Cheaper and simpler engines were at the heart of a raft of regulation changes Liberty proposed earlier this year, with a view to levelling the playing field and attracting fresh blood to the sport.

However, the teams' dissatisfaction with Liberty's proposals has led to suggestions that the changes will either be less drastic, or cancelled altogether.

Auto Motor und Sport quoted a source from Porsche's parent company WV as saying: "The time for an F1 entry is just wrong."
It is a similar story for Lamborghini, despite former Ferrari team principal Stefano Domenicali serving as its CEO.

"The investment needed just to participate, let alone win, is too high," he told Auto Bild.
"As long as there is a two-class society in F1, it's is not a playing field for us.
"If we get in, we have to be strong and win.

"The priorities for Lamborghini are different. Ferrari was born in racing. Lamborghini was not."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/2020-...p/3209604/

Formula 1 chiefs have revealed the first official track map of the new Vietnam street circuit, which will join the calendar in 2020.

The 5.565-kilometre long street circuit, which will feature one newly constructed area, runs near a stadium in a suburb of Hanoi.

It features a 1.5-kilometre long straight and early simulations suggest a top speed of 335 km/h.

Some cues have been taken from current F1 tracks, with the tight Turns 1 and 2 modelled on the opening sequence at the Nurburgring.
The section out of Turn 12 will weave through the barriers in a manner similar to the climb out of Ste. Devote at Monaco.

A later section of the track – through Turns 16 to 19 – is similar to the Esses at Suzuka.

F1 race director Charlie Whiting visited the Hanoi location ahead of the Japanese GP, and said he had no doubts that the facility would be ready in time.
“It is mainly on the streets, but there is a section that is not yet built,” he explained. “That is an open site where the pit buildings are going to be built.
“Part of the track will be built there, which doesn’t exist at the moment. But it will become a road after that.”

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

If Ive got it right, this is the start finish straight....

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@21.016078...3072?hl=en

Certainly seems enough space, roads seem very wide, on the 1.5km straight anyway. The twisty, I'll ASSume sector 3, this is an F1 graphic we are dealing with here, doesn't really exist in the current top down google map.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3295/...ouncement/

Fan backlash to Vietnam GP announcement

Liberty Media's attempt to expand Formula 1's global appeal hasn't always been well-received by some fans, and it was no different following confirmation that 2020 will feature a Vietnam Grand Prix for the first time. Whether the addition of another street circuit, neglect of more classic venues, or just chasing the money – F1's owners once again came in for criticism after Wednesday's announcement.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/briti...s/3209871/

F1 hints British GP could leave Silverstone.

Formula 1’s commercial managing director Sean Bratches has hinted the British Grand Prix could move away from Silverstone to preserve the future of the race.

Last year Silverstone bosses activated a break clause in the race’s contract, agreed under F1’s previous ownership, and the 2019 event is the last one under the current deal.
There has not been any public progress on negotiating a new deal.

Not surprised, fans have repeatedly said no more street tracks, Singapore and Baku rank as the fans least favourite tracks, and every time they've spoken about Copenhagen, Hanoi, Florida etc. the noise from fans has been very unhappy. I personally don't think Hanoi will be ready. Given it has taken them 10 years to build a bus depot, I just don't see them getting an FIA approved race track ready in just over 12 months time.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

So, announce Vietnam one day, then the next day say that there might not be a race at Silverstone, or other historic race tracks. I'm not sure I'm onboard Liberty Media's vision for F1.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(08-11-2018, 09:29 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  So, announce Vietnam one day, then the next day say that there might not be a race at Silverstone, or other historic race tracks. I'm not sure I'm onboard Liberty Media's vision for F1.

Starting to worry myself, seems to be heading in the "destination city's" direction.  Rrrr  Scream

Formula 1's commercial managing director Sean Bratches has hinted the British Grand Prix could move away from Silverstone to preserve the future of the race

Quote - "Bratches made it clear that city-based GPs have a major appeal to F1 because it puts the racing closer to bigger populations, which is why Vietnam’s race in Hanoi will join Monaco, Singapore and Azerbaijan as a street race.Beyond that we are looking to identify further street races, so this race [Vietnam] is a further step in terms of our vision.”

Just as "out of touch" as our politicians, cracks me up, they have a global survey, then ignore it...….     Angry