F1 "Future Vision" plans

Papaofgags, that's like getting a medal for taking part in sports day, or that FA junior training program where they awarded goals for "effort".
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(11-10-2018, 05:18 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Papaofgags, that's like getting a medal for taking part in sports day, or that FA junior training program where they awarded goals for "effort".

In the military in training they had a award “the most improved” which translated to you were a complete and utter useless twat but now your just a useless twat!! Haha
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post

(11-10-2018, 05:18 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Papaofgags, that's like getting a medal for taking part in sports day, or that FA junior training program where they awarded goals for "effort".

HI Jody, went to my eldest grandsons football match a little while back, you couldn't make it up, headmistress looking at me with daggers in her eye's, "what do you mean" (raised voice) "THERE HAS TO BE A WINNER" me in a squeaky voice "well when I went to school we participated in sports to find who was the best, so I was wondering why at a sports match no one wins?" 

At this point she went purple & stormed off huffing lol Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Thats the world we now live in now Paps....bloody ridiculous

#snowflakegeneration

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

(11-10-2018, 05:49 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  

HI Jody, went to my eldest grandsons football match a little while back, you couldn't make it up, headmistress looking at me with daggers in her eye's, "what do you mean" (raised voice) "THERE HAS TO BE A WINNER" me in a squeaky voice "well when I went to school we participated in sports to find who was the best, so I was wondering why at a sports match no one wins?" 

At this point she went purple & stormed off huffing lol Tongue

I am all for participation and I believe we should still encourage a winning mentality! Absolutely nothing wrong with that
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Anyone else have a twinge of dread clicking on this thread? xD

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-dr...s/3202696/

Formula 1 drivers have encouraged the FIA to consider introducing rear-facing cameras and screens, instead of mirrors, in the future.

The subject was discussed in the Friday drivers’ briefing ahead of the United States Grand Prix in the context of a discussion over Kevin Magnussen’s controversial defensive move on Charles Leclerc in the Japanese GP.

It was acknowledged that the current mirrors have limited rear visibility, with one concern that it is difficult to judge closing speeds of a following car - particularly when DRS is used.

While mirrors have been modified in the 2019 F1 technical regulations cameras - already used in other racing categories - have been suggested as an alternative.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I am surprised this has not happened with technology today, but I guess it does have its drawbacks one which will require a screen to be installed in the car and at that stage guess you could make it touch screen for other items too but i dont see it replacing all the buttons.

Come to think of it why not introduce voice commands too, I mean that would open the door for some classic comments like "Alexa how the hell do I get Verstappen off my back"
[+] 1 user Likes NeilP's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/2019-...g/3207106/

Formula 1 cars should lose around one third less downforce when following each other next year, according to the latest predictions from the FIA.

In the wake of difficulties that cars have had overtaking this year, teams and the governing body agreed a raft of aerodynamic changes for 2019 to try to help the situation.

Although it will be unclear about how big a benefit the changes will make until cars actually hit the track, the FIA's head of single-seater matters Nikolas Tombazis thinks the change will be especially noticeable in medium speed corners.

Speaking in the latest issue of the FIA's Auto magazine, Tombazis said: "We consider the critical position to be around 15 to 20 metres between the cars.
"That's the distance we'd expect to see between cars running half a second apart approaching a medium-speed corner. With the current generation, the following car loses about 30% of its downforce in this scenario. We hope to reduce that by 10%."

Although some teams are sceptical that the changes will make that much difference, Tombazis says that if F1 had done nothing then the next two years would have been even worse.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3259/...h-gp-deal/

Max Verstappen is "very enthusiastic" about the prospect of having a home race on the Formula 1 calendar in 2020 amid claims that Zandvoort has struck a deal that will see the Dutch Grand Prix return after an absence that will have stretched to 35 years.

There has not been a Dutch Grand Prix held since 1985, but Verstappen's emergence and the explosion of F1's popularity in the Netherlands has pushed Liberty to seek a race in the Red Bull man's home country.
Zandvoort held all 34 Dutch GPs between 1952 and 1985 and although the circuit does not currently have the FIA Grade 1 status required to host F1 , it is claimed a deal has been struck regardless.

De Telegraaf reports that Liberty has offered to pay €20million to host the event, and quotes the Dutch Prince Bernhard of Oranje as saying: "If we sign now, the Netherlands will have a Grand Prix again in 2020. With Max Verstappen every one of us realises that this is a unique opportunity."

Orange-clad Dutch fans have become a staple sight at many European races and the Austrian GP – Red Bull's home race – has an entire stand dedicated to Verstappen's fanatics.

With the prospect of having a home race to enjoy now in sight, Verstappen is keeping a close eye on developments.