F1 "Future Vision" plans

https://www.f1banter.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=173

"The Formula 1 teams will vote on Monday regarding possible changes to the design of the front wings in order to improve overtaking in 2019.
Monday being April 30 marks the final day that changes can be made to the technical regulations for the 2019 season."

Not holding my breath lol.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(30-04-2018, 12:00 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.f1banter.co.uk/showthread.php?tid=173

Not holding my breath lol.

Yeah, they couldnt agree on what day of the week it is Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

So still with a veto situation. I can't see Ferrari or Red Bull being happy to lose there wings. So instant veto, unless they can get something beneficial through.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/overt...n-1032355/

"The F1 Commission has voted through last-minute changes to the 2019 aerodynamic package to aid overtaking – despite opposition from several teams.
A proposal to change front wing endplates to help cars follow each other, along with a bigger rear wing flap and thus a stronger DRS effect, has been passed.
However, an extra package involving bargeboards was not agreed to"

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-e...g-1032413/

The FIA is looking at a raft of further changes in Formula 1 to help boost overtaking, following official confirmation of new aerodynamic rules for 2019 to improve the racing.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Oh boy.

Don't get me wrong, I am pro-change. Overtaking has been a joke in this sport for well over a decade now, and it's no fluke that it's coincided with major advancements in CFD software, processing power and material/manufacturing tech.

But realistically, what change is clamping down on end-plates going to achieve? I've no doubt it will help, but it's surely not the silver bullet the sport badly needs. I am hopeful that the "raft of further changes" is more thorough and addresses the multitude of front wing elements, flicks, holes, slots, etc.

The solution has to be strict enough to limit the number of elements, prohibit holes or slots and perhaps state a maximum surface area when viewed from above, or the front etc. I still think giving the teams a standard front wing design, or putting a contract up for tender from the likes of Dallara to supply a standard wing.

A secondary benefit of which would be reduced or even eliminate R&D costs for the front wing - which I would guess has a disproportionately high share of the spend compared with the rest of the aero package - in keeping with the proposed budget caps

Purple Banana (a.k.a John or JB  Smile )
"The flowers of victory belong in many vases." - Michael Schumacher
[+] 2 users Like Purple-banana's post

Funny how it's the Mercedes roster that voted yes. Still could be a twist in this tale yet.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

So last Sunday evening I was talking to a buddy who told me "The Baku race may not happen again as Liberty have agreed to hold a race in Miami"....I was slightly inebriated at the time and thought nothing more of it....low and behold .....

"Formula 1 have announced a proposal to hold a Grand Prix in Miami in 2019.

Liberty Media, who took control of F1 in 2017, have often spoken of their desire to add US "destination cities" to the calendar, and have detailed a proposal for a race in downtown Miami.

A vote at the City of Miami Commission will take place on May 10, where it will be decided whether to proceed with these plans - with a multi-year race contract up until 2028 under consideration......turns out he may not have been as full of shit as I had thought Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

Another bloody Mickey mouse street circuit? No thanks, F1 is turning into FE.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

A Formula 1 entourage led by commercial chief Sean Bratches met with Miami’s mayor and the city’s events director Vicente Betancourt last year to discuss potential circuit layouts and logistics with the hope of bringing a grand prix to the city by 2020 or even 2019 should an agreement be met and logistics approved.

Regarding funding for a Formula 1 race, Betancourt stated, “I was very blunt with [Formula 1] and said we’d love to entertain it but we have no money.”.....WTF?

(02-05-2018, 01:37 PM)morini Wrote:  Another bloody Mickey mouse street circuit? No thanks, F1 is turning into FE.

Thought exactly the same!!! watch more races develop in the US