FIA reorganisation

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQycdE7nBY (5m 15s)

Sky Sports News' Craig Slater explains why FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has decided to step back from the day-to-day running of Formula 1.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Does anyone like or trust Mohammed Ben Sulayem?

1) "The FIA has no plans to conduct its own investigation as it has not received a formal complaint. (Mohammed Ben Sulayem 1st March)

2) BBC Sport (as M posted) published that two complaints were made one on the 1st of February & the second on the 6th March.

3)  Mohammed Ben Sulayem has publicly lied about not receiving a complaint to the FIA.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

FIA EVALUATING HORNER COMPLAINT AS MATTER SET FOR APPEAL    (AutoSport/MotorSport)

The FIA is evaluating an official complaint surrounding the behaviour of Red Bull Formula 1 boss Christian Horner, with the company’s dismissal of allegations against him also set for appeal.

While the FIA had previously been reluctant to step into what it viewed as an internal employee matter, if there are suggestions that there has been behaviour that breaches regulations, then it may be forced to act.

The FIA has an Anti-Harassment and Non-Discrimination Policy in place that is aimed at ensuring that all FIA persons - including employees - are treated equally, with respect and dignity.

A hotline has been set up where abuse can be reported, with harassment said to include any improper and unwelcome conduct that might reasonably be expected or be perceived to cause offence or humiliation to another person.

There has been no official confirmation from the FIA of any complaints made, but a short statement issued on Saturday made clear that it was policy for it not to make any statement on matters while they were being looked at.

“At the FIA, enquiries and complaints are received and managed by the Compliance Officer, and the Ethics Committee where appropriate,” an FIA statement declared.

“Both bodies operate autonomously, guaranteeing strict confidentiality throughout the process.

“As a consequence, and in general, we are unable to confirm the receipt of any specific complaint and it is unlikely that we will be able to provide further comment on the complaints that we may receive from any parties.”

[+] 5 users Like PapaofGags's post

Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

FIA INVESTIGATION RESULTS

The FIA says it has found no evidence to back up claims of Las Vegas GP and Saudi Arabian GP "interference" by president Mohammed Ben Sulayem after "a robust and wide-ranging independent review".

Ben Sulayem is "cleared of any wrongdoing".

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(20-03-2024, 06:22 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Rolleyes Rolleyes Rolleyes

FIA INVESTIGATION RESULTS

The FIA says it has found no evidence to back up claims of Las Vegas GP and Saudi Arabian GP "interference" by president Mohammed Ben Sulayem after "a robust and wide-ranging independent review".

Ben Sulayem is "cleared of any wrongdoing".

Ben Sulayem cleared of wrongdoing after FIA investigation (motorsport.com)

Hmm...  make's you wonder... doesn't it   Shutup

So...

Red Bull investigate Red Bull, nothing to see here.

The FIA investigate the FIA, nothing to see here.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_C5pW37YQg (2m)

Why Susie Wolff is filing a criminal complaint against FIA (SKY F1, Craig Slater)

The best part about Suzi Wolff filing a complaint against the FIA is that she has done it in a criminal court, this time the FIA will not be able to investigate this themselves.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Mohammed Ben Sulayem has sent a letter to members of the FIA. The president reportedly described the whistleblowers' reports as an attempt to destabilise the FIA.    Shutup

The FIA president is going full defence after several allegations in recent months. In a letter, accessed by the Associated Press, Ben Sulayem defended himself in front of all FIA members. The whistleblowers are said to have raised the alarm only to destabilise the president's position and also to want to attack the integrity of the FIA as an organisation.

Ben Sulayem is said to speak in the letter of 'a period of unprecedented turbulence and challenge'. He also states: "[These things happened to] destabilize me as President of the FIA, but also of questioning the integrity of our respected organization."

Ben Sulayem has regularly been in the news (negatively) in recent years. In early 2023, the FIA announced that the president would step down, following criticism of his misogynistic statements. However, the president appeared more often than ever and was present at every GP, much to the displeasure of several F1 teams.

Ben Sulayem was investigated by the FIA integrity commission in the past month for two cases. Whistleblowers had raised the concern that Ben Sulayem had allegedly interfered with the outcome of the 2023 Saudi Arabia Grand Prix and he also allegedly wanted to stop for the Las Vegas circuit having a license.

Ben Sulayem was acquitted by the FIA, but that did not end the matter.

Indeed, Ben Sulayem played a role in the short-lived investigation of Toto Wolff and Susie Wolff. Wolff and Ben Sulayem would not be the best of friends at all, and this became clear again after a statement by Susie Wolff.

After the FIA president was cleared by the FIA, she came out with a statement that she is taking the FIA to court following the federation's investigation and statement in December.

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

They do not need any outside help to destabilize, the biggest damage comes from within. Ben Sulayam (otherwise known as "slay'em" or BS for short) was a horrible appointment and yet another one in the truly woke world we live in.

I hope Suzie Wolff's court case will shine some light on the crap that goes on in that organization.

This sport is dying by degrees, I am going to open a big bag of everlasting popcorn celebrate and cry at the same time.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post