Hamilton and Vettel to switch in 2019?

There`s always someone that wants to ruin your week...

[Image: 145505612-dfe5aab8-b11c-4e43-966a-a94d94f71ec3.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

I know how much you are looking forward to Lewis wearing red buddy, 
calm calm, contain your excitement, its only a matter of time, Hehe.   Tongue                                                         

Laughing Laughing Laughing  Winkblink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/3917/...t-ferrari/

Kinda stating the obvious on a no news day but it put a smile on me, also know how much Forza would like to read this...….  Hehe   Laughing Big Grin

Formula 1 expert and television pundit Tony Jardine believes that talks have already taken place between Lewis Hamilton and Ferrari with regards to a potential move from Mercedes for the Brit, and has compared the stature of the Scuderia to that of Manchester United.

Hamilton is regarded as one of the greatest drivers in the history of the sport, having claimed his fifth world championship last year, but has never donned the red of F1's most famous and prestigious team.

He is contracted to Mercedes until 2020, and Jardine reckons his next move could be to Ferrari.

"Any driver always thinks about going to drive for Ferrari because it’s the dream.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

The rumours keep coming, smoke, fire...  Winkblink

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff accepts star driver Lewis Hamilton could be tempted to join rivals Ferrari before the end of his Formula One career.

The five-time champion has represented the Silver Arrows since the start of the 2013 season, but his contract - reportedly worth £40 million per year - is up after 2020.

"It is in every driver's head to drive for Ferrari"

Wolff believes Hamilton, like most drivers, would be interested in turning out in the iconic red of the Scuderia before he retires.

The Mercedes team principal suggested there had even been talks with the Briton regarding such a move.

"We have to acknowledge that it is in every driver's head to drive for Ferrari," Wolff said. "It is the most iconic marque in Formula One.

"Even within the team, we have discussed it. You have to be open-minded - drivers will explore these opportunities.
"We have always been very transparent with Lewis on this discussion. We would love him to stay. If ever we part, it will be very positive, no drama."

Explaining his understanding approach, Wolff added: "I understand it perfectly. On the other hand, Mercedes has a great story and we have renewed the glories of the past, something Lewis is proud of.

"Nobody knows the future. I hope he finishes his career by winning more titles with us, but I know everyone has the desire to go with the redhead."

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

(12-05-2019, 12:20 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  I know everyone has the desire to go with the redhead."

That line made me laugh out loud Big Grin Toto has a great sense of humour.
[+] 4 users Like morini's post

Mercedes' Toto Wolff says he and Lewis Hamilton discussed the appeal of a move to Ferrari during the five-time Formula 1 world champion's contract negotiations last year.

Hamilton joined Mercedes from McLaren in 2013, and has won four of his five world championship titles with the manufacturer.

Last year he agreed to extend his Mercedes stay to the end of 2020 at the earliest, and Wolff said those discussions included the topic of a move to Ferrari.

"You have to simply acknowledge that probably it's in every driver's head to drive at Ferrari one day," said Wolff during the Spanish Grand Prix weekend.

"It's the most iconic Formula 1 brand, the most historic Formula 1 brand out there, and I totally respect if a driver has the desire to drive at Ferrari.

"And even within the team we have discussed it, and even with Lewis we have discussed it and we have agreed on that topic.
"We had the discussion when we negotiated the last contract."

[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

Yeah, hearing Ferrari have actually made contact with Lewis' management yet again. They want him. No question, if only to deny their competitors of their star asset. However, if Hamilton goes to Ferrari Max goes to Merc and they have a potentially bigger problem. I think they should go for Max.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

I can absolutely see Hamilton going to Ferrari at some stage but I dont think he will accept anything but a clear number 1 status and Leclerc may have something to say about that by that time. I absolutely cannot see Vettel going to Mercedes there are going to be much better options. That said I would say its 50/50 with Hamilton. IF I was in charge at Ferrari I would go all out to tie up Max Verstappen along with Leclerc. I think Mercedes would do well to get Ocon in the second car for 2020 but the way Bottas is driving this year I think he may well earn another contract with Mercedes. I would not rule out Russell for 2021 in Mercedes either

The driver who may well be a dark horse to get into Ferrari or indeed Mercedes is Ricciardo. There is no way he and Max will ever end up in the same team. As for Vettel its very hard for me to see where he could go. He may just retire from F1.

I think Ricciardo has moved himself out of contention for a Ferrari or Mercedes drive I really do. I also think the only way Bottas keeps his Mercedes seat isby winning the WDC, because Toto already realises I think the Hamilton will be wearing Red in 2021, so he needs one of his young drivers in the team. Given how RBR Honda is developing I think Max will be happy to see his contract out at RBR. Honestly? I think Norris is possibly going to be in with a shot at a top team circa 2021, and Russel continues to quietly shine at Williams, hauling lap times out of an absolutely shyte car. So right now I'm not sure where Seb goes after Ferrari, I think he retires. We also have to consider the likes of Mick Schumacher coming through the ranks, although I think 2020 is clearly way too soon for him on current showings in F2.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

I think Ferrari wants Hamilton and Hamilton might even want that seat in a red car. But I don't see Mercedes taking Vettel.

If Hamilton leaves for Ferrari, I don't think Leclerc will be a problem as long as Hamilton gets some assurances.
The real problem would be Verstappen. Ocon is not the top choice driver (he is good enough though) I think and Bottas certainly not is. Mercedes for sure would go for Verstappen and the young kid would take that offer. Then Ferrari and Hamilton might have shot themselves in the foot, creating a competitor that is really hard to beat. Sure, Ocon or another great driver would do well in a Mercedes, but Verstappen seems to be that driver that can carry a team, he seems to doing a great job communicating with the engineers in adjusting the car and his input might even help in development. The combination Verstappen and Mercedes would be very strong.
On the other hand, Ferrari and Hamilton would be very strong as well. He too can carry a team and could help to bring some rest in that red team. I would love to see that happen. If Hamilton wins a championship with another team, he can take the doubt away it always was the car cq team (the same doubt Vettel had).

Would Hamilton do it? The choice is all his to make it seems.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post