Hamilton and Vettel to switch in 2019?

Hi Hesh, think you have answered yourself in the first paragraph, I cant think of a driver who would willingly give up the "best car" personally I would like to see him match up against Daniel in the same car, then to finish his career at Ferrari, preferably against Seb or Max, I'm aiming high, Haha.

Second point I have sympathy with, when Michael & Sebastian were winning every week I would have preferred more challengers to them, as with Lewis at Mercedes hence my wish for Daniel to join the team, as for Rossi he blew me away when he joined Ducati, my favourite looking bike & my favourite rider, took Gag's to Silverstone to watch, he finished sixth & I bought us both a Ducati46 cap.

As for your third point, I think Forza's nailed it! Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

A four year contract extension with a break clause after two years gives Lewis a good shot at equalling Schumacher... If he achieves it early he can bow out of the sport early, or take on another challenge. Maybe he doesn't feel like he has anything to prove to anybody, but I think like Vettel he does. Let's say Lewis wins his fifth title this season, he might only need two more years in the Mercedes to equal Schumi, move to Ferrari, win a title their, retire the best the sport has ever seen, no arguments. I think both Vettel and Hamilton think about their respective legacies.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(01-04-2018, 06:47 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  move to Ferrari, win a title their, retire the best the sport has ever seen, no arguments.

I'll always concede, "one of the best ever" -

"no arguments" ahem, hahaha - that's one argument will never end, no matter what side of the debate you're, far too many variables, cars, team mates, dominance levels etc, etc, purely a gut thing, but I doubt if it's gun to the head I'll ever say anyone but Jim Clarke, though having read up a bit more a strong case could be made for the professor Smile

Edit: titles and records will never be the full story for me, old news, but I saw someone say recently that in the last 80, pole position shoot outs Merc only lost 9, think I remembered that right

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

"I'll always concede, "one of the best ever" "far too many variables"

Agree with this fog I think its hard to say who is the best ever, though winning a W.D.C. for three different teams would put any driver in the argument/discussion, showing how hard this is to compare, Prost if the marbles are working was roughly 60kilo's, Senna was roughly 70Kilos in the same car, was Senna the better? in my view yes, its only my view & go's to show how hard it is to compare drivers even if they are in the same car! opinion's lol. Wink

Edit, just as I walked away from the computer, I thought to myself, can you imagine being one of these great drivers that have been mentioned in this thread, just to be in the discussion, legends one & all.

Fog, could've made it clearer, I wasn't meaning to say if Hamilton achieved all of the stuff I said he'd retire the best ever, more that it might be what's going through Lewis' head, you know, if I do X, Y and Z then I = GOAT.

As to the debate of greatest of all time? I think Lewis has probably done enough to be included in that list at the very least, and I have a feeling he'll go on to achieve more in the sport. Personally? I oscillate between who I think was / is the best.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(01-04-2018, 08:41 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Fog, could've made it clearer,

Ahh, no need to explain bud, was just poking fun a bit, and I agree, in his head, yeah, but one thing does annoy me about Lewis, is him pretending like he doesn't care, of course he does, it would be nuts otherwise, they all want to prove they are the best. For some, one title may be enough, but for the greats, which Lewis is one, no question. That's not enough, though despite records, I do think Nando is at least as good.

Read a recent article about the "what ifs" and it mentioned Dan Gurney, who could have had more, had he not decided to set up his own team, and someone who knew him said, yeah, but then he wouldn't have been Dan, he liked doing it the hard way.

Unfortunately those days are gone for good

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 

http://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-happy-...ree-wives/

Mercedes won’t look outside their own stable for a new 2019 driver with Toto Wolff happy with his three “wives.”
At present Mercedes do not have a single driver contracted to race for them next season.
While Lewis Hamilton’s contract talks have been delayed by the team’s early season troubles, the team has yet to even begin speaking with Valtteri Bottas.
However, should Mercedes lose either driver, Wolff says they will look inhouse for a replacement.
“We are not looking at drivers outside of Mercedes at the moment because, first of all, we need to give our support to our two guys, that’s the priority,” said the motorsport boss.
“It’s like if you’re happy with your wife, you don’t look elsewhere!
“We are with our two wives – or three [including Esteban Ocon] – and we are not looking at that.
“Give us a few more races, [let us] start the European season properly, go to Canada, and then the intense July, and I will have a better view.”

"Wolff’s comments put an end to rumours that Daniel Ricciardo could be off to Mercedes next season with Ocon the most likely replacement should Hamilton or Bottas move on."

(01-04-2018, 09:36 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  http://en.f1i.com/news/299049-hamilton-v...-swap.html

Apparently this story is doing the rounds in Italy and is being taken seriously by people there. Would Lewis really switch Mercedes, a team that is looking utterly dominant for Ferrari? I totally get why Vettel would want to go the other way, the weird thing for me was the request that Hamilton wanted Bottas with him... that seems weird... Hamilton has publicly supported at Mercedes, but they're not bestest buddies, and Lewis has NEVER request a set team mate. He's also constantly stated that Bottas needs to prove he's worth a Mercedes seat.Thoughts?

I would be totally stunned.  Not if Hamilton joined Ferrari I think that has a chance albeit a very slim chance, but Vettel leaving Ferrari, I give no credence to that story. Why would he and why would they let him go.  I would surprised (But also happy) if Ferrari wanted two equal drivers (which I am sure is the only way Hamilton would go there and they sure as heck would not make him a number one over Vettel) I would have thought someone like Bottas would be a great Ferrari number 2 when they have had enough of Kimi.

You cannot help but wonder if the Hamilton delay in signing his Mercedes contract is to view the teams performance in relation to the Ferrari (personally I think it has passed Mercedes as the best car this season) but i think it is probably more to do with money.

I would love to see Danny Ricciardo at Mercedes with Hamilton next year, Bottas to Ferrari (Maybe?) the big question is who would replace Danny at Red Bull!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(05-05-2018, 10:29 PM)NeilP Wrote:  I would love to see Danny Ricciardo at Mercedes with Hamilton next year.

I'd also love to see those two in the same team. They have similar characteristics and are both in my top 3 (subjective statement, I know others won't agree). Carlos to take DR's seat.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Vettel isn't going anywhere he's got a three year contract at Ferrari, who are playing a very good catch up and now leading game.

Maybe Lewis hasn't signed because he cant be arsed with F1 anymore. He just hasn't portrayed any interest so far this season, even pre-season, we were relating him to his 2016 start. Is how the races have panned out just adding to any lack of interest. Though maybe we were saying the same thing in 2016 about his last season and he's still around. I don't know, there's just some weird vibes going on.

Now Ocon's name is being thrown in on press releases.......

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post