Hamilton and Vettel to switch in 2019?

This is from his Letterman interview on Netflix right? I thought is was an OK interview, but a lot of Letterman's interviews have been more about himself than his guests, this wasn't as bad as some, and Lewis came across as quite a likeable person for a change.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Vettel: I’m not about to stop racing.

Sebastian Vettel has rubbished rumours that he’s on the verge of quitting Formula 1, adamant he’s “not about to stop”.

According to journalist Joe Saward, Vettel could walk away at the end of this season despite being contracted to Ferrari until the end of 2020.

Vettel says that isn’t true.

“I’m not about to stop,” he told Auto Bild Motorsport.

“Formula One is still a lot of fun for me, and I still have something to do at Ferrari.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Ocon on Hamilton's success

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ocon-...s/4477883/
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Probably not the correct thread, but a lot of this strikes a chord

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/42229...e-respect/
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

It strikes a chord because its is true. I have never fully understood the hatred towards him. At one time I thought it was simply a racial issue but clearly it is not. Then there is the British journalistic attitude of building a person up then once they reach the heights trying to bring them down, we have seen that countless times with the likes of Faldo, Montgomerie, Botham, Beckham.

It affects you as a fan, I think he is fantastic driver and a really quality human being but in a world of free speech you almost feel you have to drag it back a little for fear of offending people.

NOBODY as a driver does more to promote F1, NOBODY thanks the team more after his wins, NOBODY engages with the crowds like Hamilton does.

He lives in Monaco for Tax reasons, LOTS of sports and wealthy people do. I bet the vast majority of people who critic him use the likes of Amazon, Ebay, Google on a daily basis and dont give a damn about them avoiding taxation and to a degree hundreds of times more than Hamilton.

He is a proud Britain and in my eyes a great advert for our country.

I get people dont like his lifestyle which mainly to me is a jealousy issue. I accept racial bias towards him. People who dislike him will always be there but I dont think there has ever been a situation like he is in. Its mind blowing to me the hatred of him.

I am a fan and always will be on and off the race track.
[+] 3 users Like NeilP's post

(16-07-2019, 02:55 PM)NeilP Wrote:  It strikes a chord because its is true. 

I agree with every word you posted there. 

I do also see how some of the things Lewis does off track will leave him open to abuse, but at the end of the day he is a once in a lifetime talent and a fantastic ambassador for Great Britain. He has as much right to indulge his interests as the next person. Glad I don't have to justify what I do for fun!!

Also shown many times he has a strong moral compass and is a good person. The journos can spout all the crap they like, it won't change the fact that the guy is a legend.
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

(16-07-2019, 03:13 PM)morini Wrote:  The journos can spout all the crap they like, it won't change the fact that the guy is a legend.

Agree, I have always said the best I have ever seen with my own eyes was Ayrton Senna, thing is after Lewis retires I'll have to have to put some serious thought into it, I don't care what he does off track, Mansell was a copper but I still admired him, I thought him the Best Brit I had ever seen (Jimmy & Jackie were before my time) but to me Lewis is on another Level, like him or loathe him Lewis will be an F1 legend amongst the greats.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Not going to comment too much on this but here`s my take on it.......most of it can be put down to the times we live in, if we are talking media outlets imo its clickbait...it sells papers, gets people talking. As for the abuse online again its the times we live in, everyone is a keyboard warrior, peeps can sit in the comfort of their own homes or on the way to work etc and comment on hundreds of sites on hundreds of matters....take the "have your say" on the Sky Sports F1 platform that brought us all together, look at the amount of sh*t and nonsense we read on a daily basis (and yes I was as guilty if not more than most at times). Should Lewis have entered the sport before this media age, in Senna and Mansell`s time I dont think we would be having this conversation.

Does Lewis deserve a fraction of the online abuse & venomous bile we all see daily? heck no, he is a decent fella who works bloody hard & has shone brightest in his chosen sport, does his bit for charities and enjoys life to the fullest, fair play to him I say even if I am not a fan of his I fully applaud his talent as one the greatest sportsmen of my time.....even if I think he is a bit of a twat Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(16-07-2019, 06:37 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  1) Should Lewis have entered the sport before this media age, in Senna and Mansell`s  time I dont think we would be having this conversation.

2) even if I am not a fan of his I fully applaud his talent as one the greatest sportsmen of my time.....

3) even if I think he is a bit of a twat Wink

1) Agree its the age we live in, when I was bought up we were taught "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, say nothing" now with all the keyboard warriors its more like "how can I be nastier than the last twat" sad isn't it...

2) Nice one Forza I/we know your not a fan of his.

3) So he's growing on you then? Hehe  Laughing

[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

1) Yeah Paps, I too firmly believe in (especially in real life) say something nice or stfu....but on the other hand see point 2
2) I do like to get a little dig in at every opportunity, but hope it never comes across as anything more than a wind up... its nothing I wouldnt say to his or anyone else`s face ...its just the way I am....its not said to offend.
3) yeah....like a fecking verruca Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post