Hamilton and Vettel to switch in 2019?

(29-05-2019, 01:08 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(29-05-2019, 01:04 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  “The names that have been circulating for now are those of Sergio Perez, Kevin Magnussen, Romain Grosjean and Valtteri Bottas.”

eh, let me think about those options.....f*ck off, f*ck away off, f*ck right off & surely there is someone better  Tongue

Well, VB is the best if those options. He has some advantages

1. Quick over a lap
2. Typical scandi cool head. Has proved he can do it from the front
3. Great team player

Ferrari could do a lot worse, but if I were running the team and Vettel did decide to run for the hills then I would be looking at Dan Ricc first and foremost. My second choice would be Carlos Sainz.

Left field suggestion, Alex Albon Big Grin Imagine that, Ferrari with two young chargers going for it. Completely anti Ferrari though, as they always like to favour an experienced driver (even if they have been found out)
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

(29-05-2019, 02:39 PM)morini Wrote:  but if I were running the team 

If I was the Boss? > Lewis, Max or Daniel to partner Charles. (obvious I know but they are the best 3 in F1 imo)

Surprised to see Jody's favourite in the frame? fast but unreliable, K-Mag would be interesting? don't like the way Perez drives his team mate's into the wall so he's out, agree with Morini about Bottas & if he doesn't come out on top will be free next year.

Now as I'm the new Boss at Ferrari I want a company car!   Tongue

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

Yes M, Danny Ricc would be right up there on my short list (short being the key word here...really who else is there?....a return for Alonso?)....If we couldnt "negotiate" Max out of his contract Wink

And yes Bottas is the only sensible choice of the names given, fast and improved as he is, until he shows he has that extra "something" I think most see him as just a fantastic wingman.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

Ricciardo, I think the red suits him.
Ricciardo and Leclerc in red vs Hamilton and Verstappen at Mercedes would be a four way championship fight (to be honest, probably only a fight between two teammates). Put some dark horses in Red Bull and maybe F1 will be exciting again.
[+] 2 users Like Antilochos's post

(29-05-2019, 04:02 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Now as I'm the new Boss at Ferrari I want a company car!   Tongue

One of these do you Paps? (dont tell M but it partially runs on duracell`s  Wink)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Ah yes, the SF90 Stradale, absolutely beautiful looking car. Elegant and aggressive. Sometimes Ferrari's design team swing and miss for me, and sometimes they just smack one out of the park. This is definitely a home run for me. Love it.

As to Vettel retiring, I told you all so. I heard after Spain he informed the Ferrari top brass of his intention to retire at the end of the season, and that they literally shit themselves. Ricciardo is nailed down to his Renault contract for another year, Max would be difficult to extracate from his RBR contract, and Lewis has said he'll see his contract out at Mercedes so he won't be available until 2021. So on that basis I'd have to say take Bottas or Magnussen for a season if you can't keep Vettel on for another season.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Wouldn't kick one off my drive, but I'm of an age now where I look at everything through rose tinted glasses. I would prefer a 60's or 70's Ferrari. Always loved the Dino, ever since Tony Curtis in the persuaders. And I'd also have Nick Masons 250 gto ahead of one of those.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Lewis Hamilton says he “can definitely do five years” more in Formula 1, and is conscious of squandering opportunities if he retires.

“Michael retired when he was 38. I’m 33. In my mind I can definitely do five years,” Hamilton is quoted by Motorsport.com. “I am ridiculously determined to win.

“I’ve got to keep going for as long as I can basically – until I’m not enjoying it.”

Hamilton also spoke of his mental health issues throughout his Formula 1 career, but insists the “massive comedowns” have been key to his success.

“It’s a hard, hard year,” stressed Hamilton. “Mentally you have these massive highs, wins and success, but then you have these massive comedowns.

“[It’s] something I’ve never really spoken about but you often do suffer from mental issues – instabilities – and keeping yourself together when you hit rock bottom, which you do as an athlete.

“If you’re lucky you can find strength at rock bottom. It’s about how you get up, not how you fall.”

[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

“[It’s] something I’ve never really spoken about but you often do suffer from mental issues – instabilities – and keeping yourself together when you hit rock bottom, which you do as an athlete.

“If you’re lucky you can find strength at rock bottom. It’s about how you get up, not how you fall.”

In all honesty that does not just apply to athletes it applies to everyone in life. Getting up as he calls it usually requires you to have a great support network around you with friends and family. I am very greatful for mine.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

(02-06-2019, 03:12 PM)NeilP Wrote:  “If you’re lucky you can find strength at rock bottom. It’s about how you get up, not how you fall.”

In all honesty that does not just apply to athletes it applies to everyone in life. Getting up as he calls it usually requires you to have a great support network around you with friends and family. I am very greatful for mine.

+1 Completely agree mate.

[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post