Hamilton and Vettel to switch in 2019?

(16-07-2019, 07:05 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Agree its the age we live in, when I was bought up we were taught "if you haven't got any thing nice to say, say nothing" now with all the keyboard warriors its more like "how can I be nastier than the last twat" sad isn't it...

Now that the Sky comments section seems to have been killed off, I find myself reading the comments on motorsport.com and planet F1. I can't be arsed to sign up and get involved as life is too short, but I think I might have some sort of medical problem! I feel strangely compelled to read these idiots comments for my own entertainment. Perhaps it's cos I'm not busy enough at work Wink I need to get a grip of reality!

<slap>
Must Stop Reading Dickheads Comments on the Internet!
</slap>
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Summer break is with us. Four weeks of waiting for F1 to return  Crying

So, we've had some recent opinions about how Hamilton does have dips in form occasionally and (having seen it myself over the years) I agree he can have mini slumps that usually translate into a short run of poor results. I honestly don't think we can say that he's had any dips in form in 2019 so far though. Yes, he had a crap result in Germany but I reckon also took the positives out of that in that he had it completely under control up until the first strategy decision.

I have never seen Hamilton start a season as strongly as this one. By my calculations he's 250 points (maybe 248 if Alfa win their appeal) out of a maximum of 312. That is a bloody impressive strike rate, particularly as one race was a disaster. Max has been great, but Lewis is my driver of the season, so far.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(04-08-2019, 06:51 PM)morini Wrote:  Summer break is with us. Four weeks of waiting for F1 to return  Crying

So, we've had some recent opinions about how Hamilton does have dips in form occasionally and (having seen it myself over the years) I agree he can have mini slumps that usually translate into a short run of poor results. I honestly don't think we can say that he's had any dips in form in 2019 so far though. Yes, he had a crap result in Germany but I reckon also took the positives out of that in that he had it completely under control up until the first strategy decision.

I have never seen Hamilton start a season as strongly as this one. By my calculations he's 250 points (maybe 248 if Alfa win their appeal) out of a maximum of 312. That is a bloody impressive strike rate, particularly as one race was a disaster. Max has been great, but Lewis is my driver of the season, so far.

Well, you know you might not be objective Morini, being a fan of that man. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Hamilton sure is doing great, but a lot has to do with the team and car as well. Maybe four other drivers on the grid could get that dominant performance with that team and car as well, having Bottas as teammate. Not to take anything away from Hamilton, only saying.

There are more drivers earning attention, with the most obvious being Verstappen. I would pick that kid. Why? Not only because of his stellar performance on the track, but also the way he carries that team. Red Bull and Honda started only this season their adventure and my expectations where a bit low, since they need to learn a lot. Well, if it was not for Gasly, they would be ahead of Ferrari (also thanks to Ferrari themselves). Verstappen really carries that team, helps them motivate, brings in data, knows how to talk with the engineers, etc. That is something Schumacher did (Hamilton as well in the passed, but now Mercedes is established, the best team by far; he is cruising). That is impressive.
So, that is my choice. Not that we can tell who is right, only personal preferences.
[+] 1 user Likes Antilochos's post

(05-08-2019, 12:11 AM)Antilochos Wrote:  Well, you know you might not be objective Morini, being a fan of that man. Not that there is anything wrong with that.
Hamilton sure is doing great, but a lot has to do with the team and car as well. Maybe four other drivers on the grid could get that dominant performance with that team and car as well, having Bottas as teammate. Not to take anything away from Hamilton, only saying.

There are more drivers earning attention, with the most obvious being Verstappen. I would pick that kid. Why? Not only because of his stellar performance on the track, but also the way he carries that team. Red Bull and Honda started only this season their adventure and my expectations where a bit low, since they need to learn a lot. Well, if it was not for Gasly, they would be ahead of Ferrari (also thanks to Ferrari themselves). Verstappen really carries that team, helps them motivate, brings in data, knows how to talk with the engineers, etc. That is something Schumacher did (Hamilton as well in the passed, but now Mercedes is established, the best team by far; he is cruising). That is impressive.
So, that is my choice. Not that we can tell who is right, only personal preferences.

I'm not saying it out of bias Anti, I genuinely believe Hamilton is the most complete driver I have ever seen since I started watching F1. I can agree with some of your post but to say it's all the car is doing Hamilton a massive discredit. It's not the car, hasn't been for 2.5 seasons now. I also don't agree that there a 3 or 4 drivers who could do as good (or better) a job in that Mercedes. The reaon I say that? Well, if someone else was in Hamiltons seat and Hamilton was be in a Red Bull or Ferrari he'd be putting that Red Bull or Ferrari on pole and winning races more often than his competitors are doing now.

Max is doing a stellar job this year, but that team (or rather HM, CH - aka the chuckle brothers) are putting all the team efforts and resources behind one driver. I don't think thats anything to do with Max "carrying the team" I think it is out and out prefernce to one driver. That is why Dan Ric left the team, the other driver is a second class citizen. It's one of the things I really don't like about Red Bull as a team (could say the same about Ferrari, but they seem a little more open this year). Also, it took Max 93 races to get a pole position yet Dan put that car on pole a few times when they were both in Red Bull. The car has been capable of poles and wins at some circuits over the 5 seasons Max has been sat in that car.

Anyway, everyones entitled to opinions and that's mine on Max Big Grin He is going to be the class of the field when Hamilton either dips in form or retires. However, as it stands today Hamilton is in the form of his life and the best driver on the grid by some margin. Yesterday was masterful.

[edit]

Great picture Wink

[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

Slow news day, so...

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff says anything is possible in Formula 1 for 2021, even Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton swapping seats.
http://insideracing.com/index.php/formul...says-wolff

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

I am certain Toto is just being polite. Vettels time in a top seat is fast coming to an end and there is no way in hell he will ever be in a Mercedes works team seat!
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Who'd have think it, eh?

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles//hami...s-russell/

The old adage "don't judge a book by it's cover" Wink
[+] 2 users Like morini's post