2018 Bahrain GP

That's cool Lotus, your not disagreeing with me lol, not sure Daniel agrees with you, Haha. Wink

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

Papa, nor Webber, Caulthard, Rosberg, Damon Hill, Brundle or Massa on Brazilian TV. Pretty much all of the ex-F1 drivers, and 4 of the current (Ricciardo, Vettel, Alonso and the Hulk who have been asked) have said it was either totally Max's fault, or mostly Max's fault. Still think on the whole you'd call it a racing incident, but Alonso had cleared the apex of turn 1 and was hitting the gas, thus not really an issue for Max and where he was heading, and he ran Lewis right to the edge of the track, which is fine by the way, and then squeezed him. The onboard shots from Lewis are still the most telling, turns in gets out of it, and off the gas at the edge of the track. He took avoiding action and at contact had at least one wheel over the white line and thus off track. He had nowhere to go, whereas Max had plenty of space. However, were I a race steward I would have said warranted no further action. These things happen, Max was clumsy and over did the aggression and ultimately wrecked his own race. End of story, move on.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(13-04-2018, 05:28 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Papa, nor Webber, Caulthard, Rosberg, Damon Hill, Brundle or Massa on Brazilian TV. Pretty much all of the ex-F1 drivers, and 4 of the current (Ricciardo, Vettel, Alonso and the Hulk who have been asked) have said it was either totally Max's fault, or mostly Max's fault. Still think on the whole you'd call it a racing incident, but Alonso had cleared the apex of turn 1 and was hitting the gas, thus not really an issue for Max and where he was heading, and he ran Lewis right to the edge of the track, which is fine by the way, and then squeezed him. The onboard shots from Lewis are still the most telling, turns in gets out of it, and off the gas at the edge of the track. He took avoiding action and at contact had at least one wheel over the white line and thus off track. He had nowhere to go, whereas Max had plenty of space. However, were I a race steward I would have said warranted no further action. These things happen, Max was clumsy and over did the aggression and ultimately wrecked his own race. End of story, move on.

Sorry I needed the last word on this  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

PMSL LotusLover, I've seen that before. As for the gap, it was definitely there, but as for Max? He's so clumsy he needed a bigger one Wink now that really is the last word.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

(13-04-2018, 05:42 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  PMSL LotusLover, I've seen that before. As for the gap, it was definitely there, but as for Max? He's so clumsy he needed a bigger one Wink now that really is the last word.

Have a good weekend "that IS the last word"
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

Wink

I will, you too. Looks like China could be a corker. If race sims work out the the top 6 might finish the race separated by 12 seconds, yep, it looks that close. Absolutely corker potentially.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post