2018 Bahrain GP

[Image: DaHRpYJV4AUkMux.jpg]

[Image: DaH5j6-W4AMpzp-.jpg]

[Image: DaHQTAFXkAAf5I0.jpg]

This is the sort of FP2 that has me excited for the business end of the weekend.

I think that for us to get a show, Ferrari need to be a ahead of Merc on Friday, and RedBull ahead of Ferrari.
Ferrari are ahead of Merc, both single lap and long runs.
RedBull weren't ahead in the single laps, but are leading on race sims.
Merc looking in third, although Lewis's mediums long run looked quick. Will teams regret not bringing more : P

This could come down the deg on the tyres, in which case Ferrari may have the biggest drop off. RedBull seems amazingly kind on its tyres. finally Merc, inbetween the other two.

As for McLaren, that 1 second deficit to RedBull still evident in the race sims.

At time of writing I read Hamilton with a new gear box! Now we really got a show on!!

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Lewis hit with grid penalty lovely. This at least means he cannot zip off into the sunset for at least 2 laps ?? looking forward to Qualy already!! I see a pole for VB or Seb would live it to be Kimi as he always does well here but a sneaky feeling that Merc is hiding some extra umpf
[+] 3 users Like LotusLover's post

The comments from Toto about Ferrari's engine more were interesting.
My question is, why? Why would Ferrari be running higher engine modes, they never do an a Friday.
Or has everyone else turned down more than usual?

https://twitter.com/TheGPButcher/status/...4133921792

haha, think I see some Sky regulars in there.....

Nice drive from Lando in the F2 race, just drove away from the field, also Markelov from the pits to 3rd.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 4 users Like PapaofGags's post

Damn i missed GP2!!!! kids eh who'd have em ???
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

Ferrari / Kimi's pace is genuine. I mean really, really genuine. I think Mercedes might struggle here this weekend. Interesting. Lewis does not look comfortable in the Mercedes at all, and Seb is clearly unhappy in the Ferrari, but boy does it suit Kimi. Game on!!!
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Yah, im still excited.

That F2 race was fantastic. The counter overtake by Camara was amazing to see. F1 always delivers at Bahrain. cant wait for the Baku race.
The new cars look amazing, coupled with the spit of flames out eh back, so brutal. But the FIA haven't learned anything V6 twin Turbo. These cars are silent runners, its terrible considering they used to sound like F16's.

Hearing Ferrari mechanics frantically working in the engine in Sebs car... That could sting if he already has to take new engine parts.

Any way, I'm hoping FP2 and FP3 are actually indicative of performance, and if they are then we're in for a great qualifying, and an even better race... until they all turn the engines down and get out and push.

[Image: DaMWBYAXUAI22j3.jpg]

That was some exciting stuff. Torro Rosso, brilliant, they must be so amazingly happy with p6 on a power circuit. McLaren could be going the way I though if it falls apart, people are going to walk. That was a very embarrassing show.

I'm glad my doom mongering Merc run away has been proved wrong. It's another intriguing start to the season.

Damn you Vette!!! That has peed me right off. Kimi is in my dream team and he done me over!!! Still race day should be good check ol Gasly out!!! Bring on Sunday and unlucky Kimi
[+] 4 users Like LotusLover's post