Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MotoGP 2018 General Discussion.
(06-12-2018, 02:09 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote: Man, more statements like that and I'm fearing even more he's just going to disappear out front in upcoming seasons...

Positive thinking Hesh!!! hopefully the 19 Dukes will will be a step closer and JL99 is a regular winner taking points away from Marc, throw in possible Yam or Suzuki wins here or there....any rider wanting to beat Marc will have to show a bit more consistency throughout the season....thats where MM93 has the edge (other than being an alien lol) he is mega consistent 9 wins and 14 podiums this season.....2 dnfs one of which was Zarco piling into the rear of him,the other his mistake choosing the wrong tyre in Valencia, 1 crash (Italy) led to him being outside the points....(16th), and the penalty @ Argentina.
All that said I think (hope) next season should be a corker, no 2 year old bikes, more full factory machines...times should be closer than ever, as someone pointed out recently when talking about Rossi " he needs to be careful next year, with the bikes having more comparable times Rossi`s 5th and 6th positions (timing wise) from this year could very easily become 13th, 14th or 15th`s next year"

#cantfeckingwait
"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[-] The following 2 users Like forzaferrari's post:
  • Monster Hesh, PapaofGags
I hope Pol is right....

Pol Espargaró believes that the progress of KTM will benefit greatly from having a satellite team, Tech3. The structure of Hervé Poncharal, will have identical bikes to the official formation of the austrians, being always at par in terms of specification and development.Quoted by the north american website Motorsport, the #44 began by explaining that KTM has taken advantage of the Grand Prix to change the components of the RC16: ‘Many times we change the whole bike – the engine, the chassis, the swingarm, during race weekends. And in racing life, this is crazy changes to do in a race weekend. But we needed to do that, I’m not against that, I asked for that’.However, Espargaró recognizes that this strategy makes it difficult for the riders to do their job and, in the context of the development of the bike, believes that new arrivals to the KTM sphere, including Tech3, will have a positive impact:– This also makes your life harder, and difficult, and these things that we are going to have next year, Johann [Zarco] and Dani [Pedrosa] and all the Tech 3 team, it is going to help us so much. The Tech 3 team is going to have the same spec bike as us, we will have the same info, they are going to test the same things as us and this is going to make us improve double or triple than what we are improving now.
"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
Jeez, these mgp boys are keeping the doc`s busy

New Yamaha MotoGP Test rider Jonas Folger is recovering from surgery after a collarbone injury while training on his motocross bike.

The German - a podium finisher for Tech3 Yamaha during his rookie 2017 MotoGP campaign only to be sidelined by fatigue issues - made his premier-class return with Yamaha at last month's Valencia test, setting the 20th fastest lap time (+1.5s).
Folger, who hopes to make at least one wild-card race appearance next season, now has until the end of January to recover before being needed by Yamaha at the Sepang test.
  • PapaofGags, Monster Hesh
I still think Jackass was hard done by on this one
[Image: Dt4fbdyWoAEVvwB.jpg]
Feck, I forgot about that horror show. I hope they have implemented rules to ensure it is handled correctly last time, but I didnt read any in that article about 2019 rule changes...
I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post:
  • PapaofGags
(08-12-2018, 11:12 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote: Feck, I forgot about that horror show. I hope they have implemented rules to ensure it is handled correctly last time, but I didnt read any in that article about 2019 rule changes...

I remember in the weeks following the "shambles" Dorna announced they had made changes.....but for the life of me I cant remember what the ruling is/was....something tells me next season riders will have to start from the pit lane should this happen.
Beats the usual naff gold watch when you retire, eh?  Tongue

A special end to #HondaRacingThanksDay as @26_DaniPedrosa is gifted his @MotoGP machine and RS250RW by HRC Director Tetsuhiro Kuwata and Honda Motor Co. President Takahiro Hachigo #ThankYouDani

[Image: Dt964hYXgAAXMiZ.jpg]
My immediate thoughts were "why did Yamaha gave him a bike too" xD
I'm English, as such, I crave disappointment. That's why I support McLaren.
[-] The following 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post:
  • forzaferrari, PapaofGags
(Yesterday, 11:46 AM)Monster Hesh Wrote: My immediate thoughts were "why did Yamaha gave him a bike too" xD

Haha, the shade(s) of blue really mess with your head when you look at that pic....I had the same thought.
JL99 on motogp end of season wrap

https://twitter.com/i/broadcasts/1gqGvnWQPgOGB