Haas VF-18

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...aas-vf-18/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rival...19469/?s=1

Well, I am hoping for some paddock controversies this year (to alleviate the Merc run away). An early start, perhaps Haas have the "illegal" parts. Illegal by way of obtaining.

Outcome could be interesting, there was a lot of speculation last year that Ferrari used Haas team entry CFD and wind tunnel allowance, to aide in their development for the 2017 new regs. Could that raises its head? if Haas are found to of gone too far in using others work, it probably wont affect this season too much. It could compromise their start to future seasons.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

So been reading more about Haas - Dallara and SF, stuff, so decided to look up the company itself, and it would seem they have been pulling their own April fools, on their homepage it says in very large print:

American Bulit
Made in the USA, Established Worldwide Huh

perhaps a little sour grapes, as I 

A) don't have them in my team and 
B) don't want them to beat Renault

To be fair I wasn't complaining until their surge of form this year, some have said that it can show others a method for entering and competing in F1, but I've also read Dallara aren't allowed to supply another F1 team, so this can't be the case, unless I'm mistaken.  But it does seem a bit much to me.  Also I'm curious why they wouldn't want their name somewhere on the car

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

I always forget that Dallara are so heavily involved with Haas. They supply the large amount of chassis, and Haas take care of the aero, is that right? I'm curious why its not better publicised. Maybe trying to keep it low keep to give the impression its all Haas, a new team doing it and its achievable, for others. That's not going to fool anyone who wants to get into F1 though.

To Humble to want their name in lights? they've got the rep they need in their industry, what more would they want.

I'm not sure about the rumours Haas have an exclusive deal with Dallara, plus I'm not sure it'd be needed. When HRT, Virgin (eventually Manor) and Lotus (later Caterham) first joined F1 all three had components manufactured by Dallara and the first two got their chassis made there.

I don't get the fuss over Dallara to be honest, they're just manufacturing components to a client's specification. Where it might be iffy is if what Dallara are manufacturing isn't Haas' specification, but Ferrari's, but thing is, if this were the case then the FIA would have spotted it at proofing. Or they should have done.

As to the components they buy from Ferrari? No one complains Force India get their gearboxes and many other components from Mercedes... do they? Do Haas use as much as they can and go right up to the limit? Yes. Do I think it is in the spirit of the sport? No. Is it legal? Yes.

I also look at what was facing Gene Haas and his team coming in to F1. Zero budget help from the sport, and he had to pump prime it himself, going up against long established garages with resources and infrastructure built over decades. There were sponsors leaving the sport in droves, and even the likes of Ferrari and Williams were struggling, and McLardn had just lost their title sponsor.

The sport had also become as technical as it had ever been, Haas needed a way to ensure they had an impact, and weren't just pootling around at the back of the grid, 5 seconds off of the pace. If they've not broken any rules, and it's allowed them to add to the show, so tough. They've been shrewd and have spent their money wisely and are building their team slowly. Remember fabricating carbon fibre components takes a lot of skilled technicians that teams just can't build up over night.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Try keep these threads solely for 'tech' talk.

LotusLover post moved to Fantasy/Dream team thread.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/haas-...r-1032528/

"Haas has conceded it still needs to get used to competing in Formula 1's “big boy league”, having failed to capitalise on its 2018 car's pace in the first races of the campaign."

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post