Toro Rosso STR13

(01-03-2018, 08:51 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  If, and it's a big IF, Honda are better than Renault I think Alonso will be suicidal.

Good. Hopefully encourage him to commit full time to endurance (or Indy Car) and free up a seat for some young talent.

Sorry Forza, just seen your post. Yep, 147 laps apparently, somebody on another site said it was near 170. Still, he's been mighty impressive and so have TR and Honda. Still not willing to put the Honda unit ahead of Renault yet though. Still gotta believe Honda will struggle this year too, but any improvement is great for the sport.

PS Morini I get why some dislike Alonso, but it would be sad to see him bow out with a whimper in an uncompetitive car. Rather see Grosjean, Ericsson, Magnusson and maybe the Williams pair of they prove to slow too.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...sso-str13/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

On the ball Forza, Nice one!!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

http://www.planetf1.com/news/toro-rosso-...n-mclaren/

Another clever career move from Fernando? must feel like a knee to the plumbs......

So Honda/RedBull looking a possibility them. Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

(07-03-2018, 07:28 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Another clever career move from Fernando? must feel like a knee to the plumbs......

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. What goes around comes around Wink

On the other hand, I feel bad for the McLaren employees who have seen years in the doldrums. Since Lewis left, in fact.
[+] 1 user Likes morini's post

(07-03-2018, 07:28 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  http://www.planetf1.com/news/toro-rosso-...n-mclaren/

Another clever career move from Fernando? must feel like a knee to the plumbs......

So Honda/RedBull looking a possibility them.  Smile

The way testing has gone, whos to argue. Hell, may even be sooner than Tost believes. But the season is long, I'd personally see McLaren moving ahead of TR by the end of the season. Its the first half thats going to be close. Unless, this "first race spec" McLaren eradicates issues, and works like a dream.......that is desperate optimism.

I can imagine alot of pink slips are in the works at Mclaren right now. But probably for the wrong people, and McLaren will be stuck with bad decision share holders calling the shots, leading to yet more disappointment.

Sorry went a little off topic there.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(07-03-2018, 07:44 PM)morini Wrote:  
(07-03-2018, 07:28 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  Another clever career move from Fernando? must feel like a knee to the plumbs......

Couldn't happen to a nicer bloke. What does around comes around Wink

On the other hand, I feel bad for the McLaren employees who have seen years in the doldrums. Since Lewis left, in fact.

Boooo, where's the thumbs down option, lol Smile - it wasn't feckin Fernando did this, haha, and again, just read on sky, "Fernando stands by team", he has never criticised the team, feckin Lewis fans, lol - they were never going to be at the sharp end, and I still think they'll get there, TR don't have McL resources, sure they may start stronger, but I doubt they'll finish there.

Oh wait, I see the report button lol Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 4 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Brendon Hartley had struggled this pre-season to match Gasly for outright pace, not a surprise, but on longer stints it has to be said they've both looked good. Today though Hartley was able to bang in some really quick laps, and the only car to beat it in the speed traps? The Mercedes. Toro Rosso are still on their first engine, meanwhile I'm hearing RBR are on their 4th, Renault their 3rd and McLaren their 5th. All Merc runners on their first with only Haas needing a second Ferrari engine. At this rate were I McLaren I might be starting to thing we'd maybe made a mistake. One thing we can say categorically is that we now know it wasn't all Honda's fault, and clearly a good chunk of the blame can be placed at McLarens feet.

Fog... hate to point this out buddy, but those Honda engines are going into the Toro Rosso for free (unlike the Renault engines in the back of the McLaren) and they come with a hefty dowry, rumoured to be nearly £80m per season right now. Plus TR are actually the 6th best funded team on the grid, right behind Renault and McLaren. If Toro Rosso and Honda start the season ahead of McLaren (I still doubt they will) then I'd personally expect them to stay there.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

(07-03-2018, 07:57 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  
Fog... hate to point this out buddy,

Ahh, no worries, point away, happy to be corrected, anyway, screw Nando and McL - just stop pissing on Enstone/Renaults parade lol, just wondering, have read a bit more about this Renault exhaust thing last couple of days, I take it you haven't changed your opinion on it, others seem to think it could be quite clever

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever