Toro Rosso STR13

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...-analysis/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Turning out to be a little bueaty, which TR have always produced. Driver and engine chaos last year had a big impact on the teams workings last season.

The Livery still a treat. Aero team led by James Key has done some real interesting looking aspects.

[Image: f1-toro-rosso-str13-launch-2018-toro-rosso-str13.jpg]

Thats a lot of serrated style  winglets on the bottom edge of a turning vane on the underside of the nose.

Dem floor slots!!! what the hell. How are we seeing so many this year?

[Image: DW8sqL6WsAA1n8I.jpg]

Although bulky looking I do like the rear of the halo integration from TR, taper to the point to establish a dominant vortex, energising the boundary layer of the side pod and heading straight to the rear of the car.

Fantastic start to testing, pounding in the laps and decent high speeds logs in the trap.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(27-02-2018, 06:50 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  taper to the point to establish a dominant vortex, energising the boundary layer of the side pod and heading straight to the rear of the car.

Bloody hell Hesh! You didn't tell us you were Adrian Newey's love child.

I'd better go and get an aerodynamics degree to keep up with you lot Wink
[+] 3 users Like morini's post

Well I have to say hats off to Honda. Winter testing so far has them right up there in the speed traps, second in acceleration to only Mercedes and very reliable. If rumours are right Renault have used two engines McLaren three and RBR two. Toro Rosso? Still on their first Honda and currently third in mileage. We have to wait and see how things shake out in anger, bit might McLaren regret their Renault switch?
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(01-03-2018, 03:08 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Well I have to say hats off to Honda. Winter testing so far has them right up there in the speed traps, second in acceleration to only Mercedes and very reliable. If rumours are right Renault have used two engines McLaren three and RBR two. Toro Rosso? Still on their first Honda and currently third in mileage. We have to wait and see how things shake out in anger, bit might McLaren regret their Renault switch?

What a difference a year makes, very impressive stuff from Toro Rosso and Honda.

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Gasly apparently banged in another 170 laps today!!!

I think they may have done the most mileage now, on one engine, second in all the speed traps... I know it's only testing, but could Honda already be close to Renault?
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

The most laps completed per team after Day Four
Team Number of laps
Toro Rosso 324
Mercedes 306
Ferrari 298
Sauber 283
Williams 276
Renault 273
McLaren 260
Red Bull 209
Haas 187
Force India 166

(01-03-2018, 06:58 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Gasly apparently banged in another 170 laps today!!!

I think they may have done the most mileage now, on one engine, second in all the speed traps... I know it's only testing, but could Honda already be close to Renault?

Borrowed from another site (day 4)  Pierre Gasly  Toro Rosso  147 laps  Fastest lap Supersofts 1:22.134......mighty impressive

[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

I'd say Honda is at or above Renault, there's so much positive evidence for Honda. Renault's only hope, is they have been running seriously turned down. But they cannot of gone the whole first test with out pushing the engine, just for a bit.

Top job TR and Honda, they should be very proud after this test. Hope it carries forward into the season.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Not willing to put the Honda unit ahead of the Renault PU just yet, but I think it is kicking out there and snapping at Renault's heels. In terms of reliability though it is clear TR and Honda have zero issues. Still on the same engine, and Gasly did a race SIM today. No problems, longest stints, looking good in the speed traps. If, and it's a big IF, Honda are better than Renault I think Alonso will be suicidal.

PS Pierre Gasly has really, really impressed me this week so far. Done an amazing job when he's been called on, banging in the laps, no major mistakes, and looking relatively rapid. I might have been wrong about him.
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

Yes Jody, agree about Gasly, very strong showing. Hopefully we'll hear he is good at feedback and working with the engineers. That seems to be very crucial these days. Kind of want good things for Hartley also. I guess because of his music tastes : P
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post