McLaren MCL33

(23-02-2018, 11:22 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  

Are things getting a bit warm in front of the 'DELL' towards the rear of the side pod @ 1:11-1:12.....please no, just the shiny spec paint.

lol, it does look distorted at first....relief

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(23-02-2018, 11:38 PM)morini Wrote:  Bit of a weird YouTube channel this one, no? Never seems to play properly when I'm remote on 4G. This is the first one I've managed to actually watch one and it ended full of strange stills with dodgy graphics. The embedded links on here don't work properly either "playback on other websites has been disabled by the video owner".

Yeah I know, but the thumbnails look prettier than just a link. Think its to do with video rights and advertising? Its not the first channel to do it.

[Image: 28238464_10157066574019908_1289909737415...e=5B45BFC7]

We wonder why we've not seen much of the halo fairing, is to hide innovations? or maybe this picture reveals that teams aren't going to put fairing on it, due it getting wrecked when the driver mounts the halo, crushing it.

Tears off could be fun.

One thing I will say, really liking ALO helmet design. Where I want car livery to be more exotic, Fernando simple design really clicks with me, great shades of blues and the  proper shade orange. Its clean, its bold, great impact, fully complementary with the car.
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

[Image: DXMr2WbXUAAeldO.jpg:large]

I great shot from testing, the mud giving us an indication of whats going on down there.

Also to not, the amount of segments on the engine cover, so many split lines. Something teams try to avoid to keep surfaces smooth and consistent. Guess this is precaution for testing, to give quick access to the engine.

(01-03-2018, 01:02 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  I great shot from testing, the mud giving us an indication of whats going on down there.

Also to not, the amount of segments on the engine cover, so many split lines. Something teams try to avoid to keep surfaces smooth and consistent. Guess this is precaution for testing, to give quick access to the engine.

Can't think why they would do that? Engine covers are usually as few pieces as possible. Unless they've done it to speed up manufacture while they make the real articles in the background? Can't think it would be for faster access as it doesn't take long to get bodywork off.

Looks mickey mouse.

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/970599550762258432

Still working on the wet weather mapping.

PMSL.

They will have wet weather mapping sorted ASAP I'm sure, because that wheel spin just won't fly. Christ can you imagine Alonso's whinging if there's a wet race and he has to deal with that. Comedy gold I tell you.
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/mclar...d-1016322/

We knew before testing they had a first race update coming. The technical issues we saw in testing weren't really fundamental. Although serious, the causes have sound, relatively easy fixes. Same for the operational issues, surely easy fixes, but quite critical the team has sorted. It all compounded to lack of running, which they really needed for the new PU. 

So I'm wondering if we'll see the upgrades from FP1 green light, or whether its a case of finalising PU integration. Ensure they have their base nailed down. Then it wont be until FP2 & 3 where we'll see the aero package. Maybe a mix of both. Standard testing base on one car, update on the other. Efficient operation will be the only way to ensure they get the data. 

Personally I wish they had kept quite in the build up to Melbourne. Just turned up, got on with it and accomplish everything they need to. Instead some press release stating all if fine, giving the impression of guaranteed high, successful expectations. Exactly as they did for testing. 100laps a day.......

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

[Image: DYy0CZwVQAAKZeI.jpg:large]

Well they certainly learnt something in testing, so much for exhaust clip. Zero innovation, guess it's best they got until European leg, where I'm hoping we'll see a much more polished design, of redesigned innards and smooth engine cover.

Hopefully its part of the base configuration, and not their "race one update"

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

They'll never learn Hesh... I really hate seeing McLaren like this. I hope they've got it all sorted, but don't expect it. Not long to wait now, looking forward to it.