Renault R.S.18

(20-06-2018, 04:05 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(20-06-2018, 03:21 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  As some highlight to Karun Chandock when he implied Renault may hold back updates from RedBull. There is a ruling stating all customer teams are to receive equal treatment and parts, no?

Yep, thats the ruling....but this is f1 and rules are there to be swerved, bent, twisted and worked around  Wink

Think you meant F(errar)1 rules there m8.....Q the tumbleweed rolling with the dead silence of a very unfunny joke......but hey, I'm giggling.

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

(20-06-2018, 06:31 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  Think you meant F(errar)1 rules there m8.....Q the tumbleweed rolling with the dead silence of a very unfunny joke......but hey, I'm giggling.

Ah come on now buddy, we have proven our batteries and everything else is above board (ish) Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 1 user Likes forzaferrari's post

(20-06-2018, 06:43 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(20-06-2018, 06:31 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  Think you meant F(errar)1 rules there m8.....Q the tumbleweed rolling with the dead silence of a very unfunny joke......but hey, I'm giggling.

Ah come on now buddy, we have proven our batteries and everything else is above board (ish) Wink

He He...ish.....it gets around every rule....the oil burning was ok ish.....the batteries complied ish ....Ferrari are compliant ish...Its all good ish

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 1 user Likes pennywise's post

I think this is the right place for this,, I stole this from a poster on motorsport, but quite interesting both on the driver and team side of things.  When discussing F1 second tier championship, i.e.  Excluding SF, Merc, and RBR, it goes like this:

Out of curiosity, I put the results of "Formula 1.5" into a spreadsheet and allocated points based on positions within this (25 for a win, 18 for 2nd... etc. and 0 for retirements and DSQ). By my calculations, the results are;

Nico Hülkenberg - 243  
Sergio Pérez - 202  
Carlos Sainz Jr. - 202  
Esteban Ocon - 194  
Kevin Magnussen - 178  
Fernando Alonso - 155  
Pierre Gasly - 133  
Charles Leclerc - 131  
Romain Grosjean - 119  
Marcus Ericsson - 107  
Stoffel Vandoorne - 102  
Lance Stroll - 60  
Brendon Hartley - 55  
Sergey Sirotkin - 33

And;

Renault - 445  
Force India (Racing Point and Sahara combined) - 396  
Haas - 297  
McLaren - 257  
Sauber - 238  
Toro Rosso - 188  
Williams - 93

Nice to see both the Hulk and Renault come out tops, even when combining both FI, and Racing point  Smile

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 2 users Like Foghorn Leghorn's post

Renault, despite what many think, have made some serious strides forward this season. The engine is still a bit poor, and I'm concerned they're yet again changing their engine architecture completely, but a get the feeling their ship is being righted. Not sure they'll be able to cross the gap to the top three in 2019 or 2020, but I do get the feeling they might actually be able to close it. My hopes are that Honda nails their PU next year and Red Bull get back into the mix for real, and that Renault make serious progress. If we could get to a point where all four engine manufacturers were in the fight that'd be ideal for me.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

They have had a good year compared to 2017. Its been a close battle in second tier Formula 1.5, at numerous stages a certain team has been best of the rest. I think after the summer break they fell back a bit, but since Renault's updates in the USA they have nailed best of the rest for the remainder of the season.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post