RedBull RB14

(22-02-2018, 09:13 AM)Jody Barton Wrote:  The halo looks so bulky on the RB14 because they have slimmed the rest of the car down so much. Seriously, just look how much of the floor is exposed. If they don't have over heating issues I'll be amazed, but if they don't... Well, I doth my cap. It is probably the new standard for component packaging and the race to size zero in the sport.

Whats more crazy is how its all air above the huge amount of exposed floor, no need for undercuts. Its only the side pod inlets which which need undercuts. Wonder if we'll see them go Sauber vertical, and completely eradicate sidepod undercutting.

I think they've gone this route to cram all the components in low down, and to this lower the center of gravity as much as they can to counteract what is supposedly a heavy Renault engine and the Wright associated with the halo.

https://formulaone21.wordpress.com/2018/...bull-rb14/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

Thanks Forza, really interesting read. I saw the barge boards on the RB14, saw they were different, but never saw any 'sniper shots' of them. That's a lot of development, hope RBR start the season strongly.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(12-03-2018, 10:02 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Thanks Forza, really interesting read. I saw the barge boards on the RB14, saw they were different, but never saw any 'sniper shots' of them. That's a lot of development, hope RBR start the season strongly.

Cheers, but the credit goes to Hesh as it was he who first brought Iman to my attention, all his reviews and updates are top notch and well worth following  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

It really was premature excitement I had, when RB ran without those side pod flow conditioners in the first test. Would be interesting if this does ever become a feature or none feature.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

I told you they were just damaged at the time Hesh ?

Yeah, you confirmed my alternate statement in my post about those barge boards. Which I guess we posted in the testing discussion thread.

@AlbertFabrega

[Image: DY4eI8sU8AAxI4Q.jpg]

[Image: DY4eKuUUMAEbc1Q.jpg]

[Image: DY4eLmCU8AUhhlq.jpg]

[Image: DY4eMalU0AMup4M.jpg]

[Image: DY4XEOxU0AEFOz_.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Under Red Bull - from Bahrain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8H6_zW-hw2g

Alot of little vent openings spotted, interesting the ones on the feeding the underside of the diffuser.

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post