Testing Discussion

(01-02-2018, 09:34 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  6 nations?! Bro Winter Olympics starts in 8 days!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2biE7TTdpLQ

Its almost like a GP2 race!

Yep, love a bit of ski cross....just not as much as biathlon  Wink

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli

(01-02-2018, 09:34 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  6 nations?! Bro Winter Olympics starts in 8 days!!!

Whatever floats your boat Hesh Wink To me that looks a lot more fun to participate in than to watch, whereas rugby is a gripping spectator sport but you wouldn't want to put your head where those boys do. Each to their own :-)

I notice that vid was Sochi - which went on to become home to the most boring F1 circuit on the planet!

What's all this "Winter Olympics" nonsense? Here in Scandinavia we just refer to it as the "Proper Olympics".
[+] 3 users Like Jody Barton's post

(01-02-2018, 10:28 PM)morini Wrote:  Whatever floats your boat Hesh Wink To me that looks a lot more fun to participate in than to watch, whereas rugby is a gripping spectator sport but you wouldn't want to put your head where those boys do. Each to their own :-)

I notice that vid was Sochi - which went on to become home to the most boring F1 circuit on the planet!

I just seem to loose my shit for anything thats a "world sport" event. Football, is a sport I literally detest, yet come the World Cup I try to watch every match, it's brilliant. Same for Olympic sports, I have no interest in any of the sports in the four years between Olympic events.

Whats going to be great about this Winter Olympics, is that the time zone will mean I get to watch it live over breakfast!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

Moved to 'force India name change topic' in 'tan talk' subforum.

You should post that in the Force India name change thread Hesh, I had a feeling they'd hit a snag as it was taking too long.

They may be running a 7 axsis test rig, which in essence is a four poster test rig that is able to generate down force loading in the xyz planes.  You could run whole gp simulations of every circuit.  If this is within and environment chamber, you can control the temperature, relative humidity and solar effects.  

[Image: auto-research-center-arc-shaker-rig-7pos...ooking.jpg]

[Image: 439110772_orig.jpg]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[+] 5 users Like Formula E's post

Nice insight FE, on the topic of relevant threads, this would be good in the "technical tank" subforum. Then we can get stuck into it.

A quick video about suspension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDVmIXV4WEw
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post

(02-02-2018, 01:55 PM)Formula E Wrote:  They may be running a 7 axsis test rig, which in essence is a four poster test rig that is able to generate down force loading in the xyz planes.  You could run whole gp simulations of every circuit.  If this is within and environment chamber, you can control the temperature, relative humidity and solar effects.  

good stuff ...

Nice info FE. There's also a tech section where this would be good. Don't be shy creating new threads my friend.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post