Testing Discussion

I agree that maybe their mentality of "its only tyre testing" is why there is pretty much a media blackout. That said, this is the first time we see the driver swaps in their new cockpits, some fans are hyped, some fans are intrigued, some need a bit more before winter sets in. If it turns out that its because Pirelli wanted to keep it behind closed doors I'll be sickened. In 2018 that level of pretentious is unjust, it's the time of access, and they need to do away with this kind of frankly, petty censorship. 2019 Liberty need a complete about turn, a full overhaul on the publication of the sport, starting with Pre-season testing in Feb.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Hesh, it's not Pirelli, they've posted lots of pictures and information to various social media sites. The truth is the fact the tyres are the focus would be good coverage / marketing for them. The teams too are posting lots of information, so my only conclusion is that the powers that be just don't think fans are interested... the HUGE number of posts on Saubers Facebook page about Kimi says otherwise.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/abu-d...i/4305746/

Charles Leclerc ended his first test as a Ferrari Formula 1 driver quickest as he improved on Sebastian Vettel's Tuesday time to top the post-season Abu Dhabi test.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

[Image: DtGK6r9XgAAtaaX.jpg]

[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Just to show the difference in info between the sports, this is what we have over in Motogp today  Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(28-11-2018, 03:24 PM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/abu-d...i/4305746/

Charles Leclerc ended his first test as a Ferrari Formula 1 driver quickest as he improved on Sebastian Vettel's Tuesday time to top the post-season Abu Dhabi test.

6 seconds difference between Russell and Kubica???

[Image: DtGUmhnWkAA1jLL.jpg]

(28-11-2018, 05:51 PM)NeilP Wrote:   6 seconds difference between Russell and Kubica???

I wouldnt read too much into testing times, they both ran similar times yesterday (1.39`s)

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

A positive test for McLaren at long last, huge amount of laps completed. Here's hoping the 2019 car can repeat this....

(28-11-2018, 04:56 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  Just to show the difference in info between the sports, this is what we have over in Motogp today  Tongue

Salivating for MotoGP 2019, big changes, field looking as close as ever. So much more hype for the bike show next season.

I'm positively dreading F1 testing, to see the timing gaps potentially bigger than ever, due to the rushed aero changes....

[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/911413/1/l...-different

Is this ok or click bait? just wondering.... Because I was thinking CLC is a good news story for F1.

Charles Leclerc: 'Emotional' Ferrari test felt different to past runs.

Leclerc admits to feeling emotional in his first Ferrari test as a confirmed race driver for 2019.

Charles Leclerc says his Ferrari Formula 1 test in Abu Dhabi on Wednesday felt different to previous appearances for the team, calling it “emotional.”

Asked if this test felt different to previous ones, Leclerc said: “Of course, because it’s the first time I get in the car knowing what is waiting for me next year.

“It’s obviously extremely special. Also, it’s pretty special now everyone knows it and also all the team knows it. It’s all different, but I’m extremely happy.

“It was quite an emotional day.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

(29-11-2018, 11:23 AM)PapaofGags Wrote:  https://www.crash.net/f1/news/911413/1/l...-different

Is this ok or click bait? just wondering.... Because I was thinking CLC is a good news story for F1.
No, this is great. He is a great story, and his testing response was very fitting, with no mention of timings as other news outlets blew out of context.

[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post