Testing Discussion

i'm not seeing Jody's final post?

Now I can....

Atleast it was easy to watch. Really hope F1 subscription service fails, and they fall off their self appointed pedestal. Free live streaming has to be the future.

Its the same with FE. They always seem to crash into each other, and you think "what rubbish drivers". Think that fact is, there just isnt any room to race, rickdiculously small corners and chicanes.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.

Rossi had no excuse really, 4 laps to go, safety car ending has a bit of a run but doesn't fully commit gets it wrong and rather than getting out of it keeps his nose in and spins the Canadian rookie. Absolutely no excuses from Rossi, it was amateur hour stuff really. The Canuck could have been more firm / robust in his defence and cut him off, but seriously you wouldn't be expecting one of the most experienced drivers on the grid to totally hurp de durp. Total brain fart moment. Awful race though.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/merce...t/4304296/

Clever...…

Mercedes could have given itself an edge over its rivals for this week’s Formula 1 tyre test in Abu Dhabi with the clever use of sensors.

This week’s two-day run at the Yas Marina Circuit is aimed at giving teams the chance to test F1’s 2019 tyre construction and compounds.

In a bid to stop teams also using the opportunity to experiment with new parts, however, teams must run with a standard car that does not feature any items that have not been raced.

It was this rule that prevented teams from being able to try out 2019 front wings during this test.

The rules also stop teams from being able to fit extra sensors to their cars – as are allowed during free practice sessions – to help gather extra aerodynamic data.

However, Mercedes appears to have pulled a masterstroke by racing with some extra sensors on Lewis Hamilton’s car in the season closing Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – which means it will be able to keep the data-loggers on for the Pirelli test.

As the exclusive photo shows, the row of five pitot tubes, situated at the rear of the floor and ahead of the rear wheel, will be there to measure air speed around the sidepod’s rearward undercut.'

One of the key influencers in terms of turbulence around this area of the car is the rear wheel, so using the sensors in the Abu Dhabi race as well as the test could deliver some helpful pointers about the impact of the 2019 changes – especially in terms of tyre defomation.

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

They supposedly raced with other sensors on his car too. They're canny buggers at Mercedes. You either admire it, or are irked by it. I kinda think it's admirable.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

So, testing started this morning, not only are Skyf1 not showing it....they dont even mention it on their site.....not 1 fecking update!!!!

on motorsport though https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/botta...t/4304880/

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

[Image: DtBEYglVAAAzVbg.jpg]

Bwoah!!!!!
[Image: DtBDofrUUAA0R9c.jpg]

[Image: Ds_FfysVYAEDjag.jpg]

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post

The blue insanity returns, maybe this is why there was coverage blackout....

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

(27-11-2018, 07:52 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  The blue insanity returns, maybe this is why there was coverage blackout....

Is it just my imagination or did Sky not previously run a constantly updating article at all previous tests?.....bloody ridiculous SKY F1 leave fans having to search elsewhere for testing info.
edit: perhaps as this was a tyre test they thought there was no need

[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post

(27-11-2018, 07:58 PM)forzaferrari Wrote:  
(27-11-2018, 07:52 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  The blue insanity returns, maybe this is why there was coverage blackout....

Is it just my imagination or did Sky not previously run a constantly updating article at all previous tests?.....bloody ridiculous SKY F1 leave fans having to search elsewhere for testing info.

Sky and Liberty are just not as good as BT Sport and dorna when it comes to testing.....dunno why cause there is always a market there for the hard core followers of F1

Sex, Drugs and Sausage Rolls.
[+] 3 users Like pennywise's post

(27-11-2018, 08:07 PM)IanF69 Wrote:  Sky and Liberty are just not as good as BT Sport and dorna when it comes to testing.....dunno why cause there is always a market there for the hard core followers of F1

......or perhaps leaving a few staff at the track the extra few days eats into their £18 a month subscription they receive from each of us.....that would be waaaaaaaaay too much value for money  Tongue

[+] 3 users Like forzaferrari's post