Testing Discussion

(30-01-2018, 05:13 PM)Monster Hesh Wrote:  Some more lovely rumours flying around, for Ferrari this time.

Three major factors for the 2018 challenger.

1. They have found a major aero development that according to wind tunnel data is important. 
               - Other rumors as calling out a passive style 'DRS' on barge boards. Not team specific, and question over                      the regulation stating no movable aero parts.

2. Lighter PU. Fully radicalising the weight of the whole PU, batteries, cooling, the lot. The is a particular field Merc have been excelling in.

3. PU power output, as expected between seasons, the big 1,000HP reached on dyno. However Merc had this during last season. So expect Merc to go beyond that. Maybe Ferrari hope that they have achieved this effectively and efficiently.

Additional:

Do we think we will see more of the side crash structures outside of the sidepod casing on other other, pioneered by Ferrari?

Roll on winter testing! (though the contenders are going to be hiding their lights under bushels as usual)

Not heard anything about Merc having cooling issues at all. They packaged their car tighter than anyone else last year too... So I doubt it. What might be an issue is the gearbox. The Merc gearboxes have tended to be very long, and if they shorten their wheelbase they'll need a new gearbox philosophy. Hearing their car could be a full 8 to 9 cm shorter, meanwhile Ferrari are going the other way, and that might mean they actually have the longer car this year...

I just want to see them now. Fed up of all the silly speculation, most of which will turn out to be utter bollocks.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(30-01-2018, 09:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Fed up of all the silly speculation, most of which will turn out to be utter bollocks.

Never a truer word spoken!

(31-01-2018, 07:33 PM)morini Wrote:  
(30-01-2018, 09:12 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  Fed up of all the silly speculation, most of which will turn out to be utter bollocks.

Never a truer word spoken!

But out of season, it's all we have. As long as you reset when the season gets underway, you can have fun!
[+] 4 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Monster Hesh, yeah to an extent I agree, but some of the stuff is utterly nonsensical. I tend to tune out most of it now and just get on with things. We'll see soon enough how the winter development has gone, unless it's direct quotes from teams i'm starting to zone it out.

hehe, ok Jody, here's a little something more down to Earth.

Couldn't figure out why code embedding this tweet didn't work so here's a link

https://twitter.com/McLarenF1/status/959049545438105602

Looks like a heavy dosing of Papaya Orange could be heading our way.
[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Methinks you're right Hesh. Tbh I thought Alonso's Indycar livery looked really good.

Yeah, papaya orange incoming:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...2254981412
[+] 1 user Likes Jody Barton's post

Nice! Like that colour.

But it's still over 7 weeks until Melbourne. Thank the rugby gods there's six nations to tide us over.

(01-02-2018, 09:30 PM)morini Wrote:  Nice! Like that colour.

But it's still over 7 weeks until Melbourne. Thank the rugby gods there's six nations to tide us over.

6 nations?! Bro Winter Olympics starts in 8 days!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2biE7TTdpLQ

Its almost like a GP2 race!
[+] 1 user Likes Monster Hesh's post