The Honey Badger

http://www.skysports.com/share/11418824

Really would this be a starter personally i dont think its a good move for anyone
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ricciardo-...-red-bull/

Not that its unexpected.

Daniel Ricciardo is set to end speculation about his future by signing a new deal with Red Bull.
Ricciardo has been playing the waiting game this season as he assessed whether an opportunity would arise with either Mercedes or Ferrari for the 2019 season.

But, Mercedes are set to stick with Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas as their driver line-up for another season, whilst Ferrari are only thought to be considering Charles Leclerc as a potential replacement for Kimi Raikkonen.
McLaren are the only other team to have been linked with the Aussie, but he is now very likely to stay put with Red Bull and continue to drive alongside Max Verstappen.
Ricciardo held more talks with Red Bull ahead of a promotional event in Austria and said to the press: “It’s not over yet but it will come. Soon. The time is not far away.”
Red Bull’s motorsport advisor Dr Helmut Marko also said that a new contract agreement with Ricciardo is “getting closer” and told Motorsport.com that Ricciardo’s options, in the end, were limited.
“Mercedes and Ferrari have a number one driver who is clearly declared,” said Marko.
“I know Ricciardo did not receive an offer from Ferrari.
“Renault will, as far as I know, stay with the current drivers. Above all, I don’t think Renault is playing in the budget regions that Ricciardo has in mind.
“Daniel is in a situation where he has no sporting alternative to us.

He probably imagined it differently.
“We want it [to continue with Ricciardo], but not at any price.”

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I dont think he quite attracted the interest. He hoped or just really really bad timing
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

(28-06-2018, 01:24 PM)LotusLover Wrote:  or just really really bad timing

Agree, looks like he has to hope Honda will come good, pity we would all liked to see him match up against Lewis or Sebastian, still Daniel v Max is still very cool, especially as Max seems to be thinking more clearly, a very strong pairing

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 2 users Like PapaofGags's post

I have my thoughts on this I really do. He's currently driving at an exceptional level, but to ask him to do that for two more years, and match up well to an improving Max is a big ask. Not sure it's possible, he'll have dips. He needs to do that though or he risks becoming a Massa, or Hulkenberg, never really getting a top drive, and never really having a shot at a WDC, but sticking and trying to match up to Max is the best option he has.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

Lotus I think it is bad luck with the timing, maybe down the road we will know more but personally I have to believe both Ferrari and Mercedes took a close look at him. To me Mercedes were always going to be his best bet, I just do not see him fitting well at Ferrari with Vettel and at the risk of upsetting dearest Forza they absolutely have a hierarchy in place.

I like the drivers at Red Bull but I dislike the way they do business (whilst admitting it has been very successful) and I feel Marko's comments about wanting it to continue but not at any price to me at least belong behind closed doors only.

I think Jody nailed it he is quite possibly never going to get a realistic shot at being a WDC. Personally I am convinced he has what it takes. His best option maybe just a 2 year deal which at 31 when it finishes gives him one more chance to join a very top team. I just personally cannot believe the marriage to Honda is going to work out that fast for him. My technical knowledge is none existent (which is another reason I joined and enjoy this forum it is educational to me) but I am sure there has to be some harmony in development between the engine and the car itself.

The jury is still out on Max, he is young and must surely improve. He is still a fair way away from being a Champion but there is no denying his huge potential, he too may well become frustrated with Red Bull if the Honda switch does not work out. It is a huge gamble by Rd Bull they have quite possibly the best driver line up on the grid but if that engine does not perform they could be in big trouble down the road with the car and the drivers.
[+] 2 users Like NeilP's post

Agreed but not with Massa point he was incredibly unlucky not to win in 2008 and driving in the red is the top drive for many

Hi Neil

On the point of MV he is clearly talented and I think can beat anyone on his day on that grid, time is on his side and unlike DR I strongly believe the top 3 if it stays will be clambering for his signature of course the real excitement for the future is him Leclerc Gasly Norris Russell potentially joining him in the battle let’s hope there’s enough seats to go round and each is competitive (wishful thinking I know)
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post

LotusLover I put Massa in there because of the Prost quote I think, the #you need t lose a Championship, to know how to win one" quote. When you look at it, throughout the history of the sport, all WDC winners have had a bitter loss first, then come back a season or two later, but it is amazing to see how many do it the year later. Massa had one shot then Ferrari lost faith in him, even though in my opinion it was Ferrari who let him down. Yeah sure, he had the quickest car that year, but Ferrari's blunders, much like with Seb in 2017 cost him. Ferrari have always run the number 1 / number 2 driver thing, and with Alonso in the team Massa was again firmly a number 2 driver. So he was never really given a fair shot at it, even though he came painfully close in 2008.

Also you missed out Dan Ticktum from your list of youngsters, also feel Ocon should be included in that list, possibly Sainz, although this season I'm starting to question his ability given Hulkenberg is making mince meat out of him.

The only reason I never put Sainz and co is because they are already there, ticktum I have no idea who he is atm so not qualified to comment
[+] 1 user Likes LotusLover's post

Daniel Ricciardo will leave the Red Bull Formula 1 team at the end of the 2018 season, and has been tipped to join Renault.
Ricciardo had been expected to sign a fresh deal with Red Bull, which has backed him since 2008.

He had targeted confirming his future by the summer break, but when asked by Motorsport.com this week why that had not been the case, Ricciardo brushed it off as just "fine-tuning" details.

Red Bull confirmed on Friday that Ricciardo will leave the team, after reports emerged suggesting the Australian had signed terms with Renault.
Team principal Christian Horner said: "We fully respect Daniel's decision to leave and we wish him all the best in his future.
"We would like to thank him for his dedication and the role he has played since joining the team in 2014, the highlights of course being the seven wins and the 29 podiums he has achieved so far with us.
"We will now continue to evaluate the numerous options available to us before deciding on which driver partners Max Verstappen for the 2019 season."In the meantime, there are still nine races left in 2018 and we are fully focused on maximising every opportunity for Max and Daniel for the remainder of the season."

"You live more for 5 minutes going fast on a bike than other people do in all of their life"....Marco Simoncelli
[+] 2 users Like forzaferrari's post