The Honey Badger

Toto on Daniel & Valtteri. Smile

http://www.planetf1.com/news/mercedes-to...ricciardo/

So Daniel's going to Mercedes then?

http://www.planetf1.com/news/horner-red-...realistic/

Smile

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 1 user Likes PapaofGags's post

I think we'll see Ocon or Ricciardo in the Mercedes next season. The only way Bottas retains his Mercedes drive is if Hamilton retires / moves to Ferrari, or if he starts the season on absolute fire.

I suppose if the rumours of the Mercedes PU hitting and exceeding 1000bhp are true then Mercedes are probably going to be able to drive off into the distance. Then will they want a number 2 driver to make things easy in their garage... or a challenger to Hamilton so there at least is a challenge of sorts.
[+] 2 users Like Jody Barton's post

(27-02-2018, 12:04 PM)Jody Barton Wrote:  I think we'll see Ocon or Ricciardo in the Mercedes next season. The only way Bottas retains his Mercedes drive is if Hamilton retires / moves to Ferrari, or if he starts the season on absolute fire.

I suppose if the rumours of the Mercedes PU hitting and exceeding 1000bhp are true then Mercedes are probably going to be able to drive off into the distance. Then will they want a number 2 driver to make things easy in their garage... or a challenger to Hamilton so there at least is a challenge of sorts.

Are these merc power rumours substantiated in any way? Genuine question. Or is it just the usual off season shit stirring?

On the Merc second seat, everyone knows I like VB (I really rate DR very highly too) and I want him to prove the doubters wrong this year. I think he's as fast as anyone on his day, but he was exposed last season and needs to up his race day game to be regularly swimming with the sharks. I do concede this season will be his last chance though, with the amount of talent out there to pick from.
[+] 2 users Like morini's post

Well last year Merc confirmed they had hit 989bhp, so 1000bhp isn't beyond the realms of possibility. The rumour of them getting close to 1100bhp is what shocked me, and I think that's quite the leap. But there have been constant rumours, and Horner, Abitobul and a few others seem to think Merc have breached the 1000bhp barrier.

bit long, haven't watched it all yet, but some interesting points, and a very dodgy moustache, I reckon he's only doing it for testing Smile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No5KWZLc8rw

"I Say, I say . . . . The satisfaction you have in a few minutes when you become champion. It's enough to live forever 
[+] 1 user Likes Foghorn Leghorn's post

[+] 3 users Like Monster Hesh's post

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ricciardo-...-red-bull/

"Ricciardo using Hamilton to ‘blackmail’ Red Bull"

"Mercedes’ Niki Lauda and Red Bull’s Dr Helmut Marko were their usual outspoken selves when discussing the futures of Lewis Hamilton and Daniel Ricciardo.
Both drivers are out of contract at the end of the season and neither of them have committed their long-term futures at this stage.
And, at an event hosted by the Red Bull Ring where Marc Marquez tested the RB08 in Toro Rosso colours, Lauda and Marko gave their unique insights into the current contract situation.
“Lewis will sign. We only discuss details, not the money,” Lauda said via Kronen Zeitung.
“It’s about promotion performances. Lewis stays safely with us, that will be solved.”
To which Marko replied: “I hope that finally gets signed. Because Ricciardo says that, as long as Hamilton is not yet contracted to Mercedes, he also does not want to sign.
“It’s a bit strange!”
Lauda then suggested Ricciardo was playing a smart game and stirred the pot a little more.
“Ricciardo blackmailed you with Hamilton, who has not yet signed. What Hamilton gets, he can not get anyway. So. We have not made him an offer,” Lauda added.
Marko countered by hinting that Ricciardo would not be welcome by all at Mercedes.
“He [Ricciardo] should now sign with you.” Marko responded.
“But there is someone at Mercedes, who may not like that!”
Marko also reiterated that Red Bull’s decision on their engine partner for next season and beyond is set to be finalised by early next month.
He said: “The internal timetable means there’s a decision on the engine issue, and possibly that’s also on the driver’s mind, until the Austrian GP.”

I would love to watch these two playing poker...…..

"When a man holds you round the throat, I don't think he has come to apologise" 
Ayrton Senna on Nigel Mansell, SPA 1987.   Angel
[+] 3 users Like PapaofGags's post

It's getting hotter. McLarens offer to Danny Ric. McLaren must be at best 4th of the list of teams to be at, but I'd say Renault are ahead in that pecking order with the resources they are pouring into that team, making McLaren 5th. If this is true and he does take it, would scream volumes about RedBulls Honda tie up.

I still reckon he is staying at RedBull.

My previous sig was obsolete, McLaren ain't disappointing Heshy no more.
[+] 2 users Like Monster Hesh's post

Danny Ric's if he ever wants a shot at winning a WDC needs to move to one of the current big three. Renault have capped their budget spend to €250m a season... which is still below McLaren (for now). Red Bull are chucking over an extra €100m at it and Mercedes and Ferrari a little bit more. His options for winning a WDC are therefore Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull, although in no particular order. If he moves to McLaren or Renault he can kiss his dream of a WDC good bye... and that statement truly shows the issues the sport has.

When Mercedes decided that they wanted to win the WDC in 2014 they spent €150m for 5 years, every year on the engine alone, and hired people who were the top of their game in every field almost, with wages no concern just to work on the 2014 car... from 2011 onwards. They had other teams senior engineers working on the new regs for 3 years. Ferrari did similar when in 2015 they decided to target 2017's regulation changes.

We now hear stories that Mercedes are already working on the 2021 engine, and have been for a year and half having predicted what was likely to be coming,band given Ferrari's personnel recruitment for the last 2 years, I assume they're doing the same. Renault meanwhile still haven't anywhere near the resources of the top 3 and are struggling to make up ground on them.

So, I think anyone driving for Renault the next two seasons should expect to get nothing. Not even a lucky podium, because I feel they'll soon realise they need to target the next regulation changes and hope they get it right, and even then there's no guarantees. So how does it look for Danny Ric at Ferrari or Mercedes?

The Ferrari door seems to be closing, senior management are starting to believe Vettel can deliver a WDC again, and are backing him, plus Leclerc has impressed them, and they don't want to block his route to a Ferrari seat. I think Ferrari are a long shot truth be told for Ricciardo, mostly thanks to Vettel's form and Leclerc showing he might well be the real deal.

Mercedes, I know what I'm about to say might ruffle a few feathers... but... I believe Mercedes have the current best driver on the grid. Hamilton. They've seen what happens when they have another closely matched driver and didn't much like the experience. So they are going to go the all but in name number 2 route, which is Bottas or possibly Ocon, but Bottas is currently doing enough. If Hamilton signs for Mercedes again, then Ricciardo is out.

That leaves Red Bull as his only option. But they've just signed Honda engines, and most drivers on the grid actually respect what Alonso has to say, and he's savaged them for 3 years, and their recent record doesn't inspire much confidence. So Danny has a big choice to make, as given his age this could be the contract that makes or breaks him, but there really is only one show in town... Red Bull.
[+] 4 users Like Jody Barton's post

I agree Jody but just as a point when Lewis moved to Mercedes didnt people say he was going backwards obviously not seeing the dominance they would have over the next 4 years? Please dont assume im saying Mclaren would get anything in 4 years even a podium!! But maybe another big name will add huge sponsors to them which i am sure they would dearly reach out all hands too. Its a funny thing is motorsport. Cannot see it myself but what do i know
[+] 2 users Like LotusLover's post